Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

2.35 Build

raijin

Nice - yes those are supported by both the lip at the top of the sleeve and also where the sleeve meets the casing at the base of the bore. The westwoods are only supported at the base as they do not have a lip at the top so more likely to have issues in hindsight. Good work.

• 2 weeks later...

New rods bolts purchased as a precaution and ACL main and rod bearings.

20140412_083013_zpsbe20615a.jpg

New EJ257 crank purchased from the states for $330 USD!

20140414_140141_zps8ddeb847.jpg

Bearing clearances set, pistons matched to bores, ring gaps set and short engine now assembled :)

20140418_1315071_zps566e224a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Whats better, destroking a 2.5L down to a 2.35L or stroking a 2.0-2.2L upto a 2.35L?

From what I know, and I could be wrong, destroking a 2.5L will allow u to run a shorter rod therefore can run higher rpm, whereas stroking a 2.0-2.2L will require longer rods and therefore limit ur rpm?

Am I on the right track or not?

How does stroking or destroking affect torque curve, acceleration, overall performance and power?

Since its so hard to find 2.2 CDBs I wondered about sleeving my 2.0 CDB and boring to 98mm to make a 2.35L?

I see darton makes a kit that comes at 97mm but can be bored out to 100mm max.

I have my 2.0 CDB stroked to 2.1 already using 2.5L rear thrust crank and molnar custom length rods, would it be easier/better to sleeve my 2.0 CDB or buy a 2.5 an destroke that?

Thoughts?

nismovzr2003 said:

Since its so hard to find 2.2 CDBs I wondered about sleeving my 2.0 CDB and boring to 98mm to make a 2.35L?

I see darton makes a kit that comes at 97mm but can be bored out to 100mm

this is what ive done . hopfully picking it up today .

depending on you contacts and what you want to do with the engine putting bore supports in a open deck could be a possibility.

sleeveing can get expencive.

rex-leggy']

[quote name='nismovzr2003 said:

/quote]

depending on you contacts and what you want to do with the engine putting bore supports in a open deck could be a possibility.

What did it cost to sleeve your 2.0 CDB to make it a 2.35?

I see Darton sleeves are around $380-$400 USD, whats it cost to have them installed?

As I said whats better, stroking the 2.0L out to 2.35L or destroking a 2.5L down to 2.35L? I\'m not really sure which way to go. Do I sell my stroked 2.1L CDB and buy a semi closed 2.5L and destroke that or go the other way as mentioned?

What sort of power am I likely to see with my 2.1L CDB? Haven\'t had it tuned as yet lol

nismovzr2003']

/quote]

What sort of power am I likely to see with my 2.1L CDB? Haven\'t had it tuned as yet lol

Open ended question. Like really open.

evowrx']

/quote]

Open ended question. Like really open.

Yeah I know sorry, I was going to list all the mods, but thought they would most likely be similar to what most other people have done so was really just after a rough idea.

thought I hade a case of deja vu then looked a page back :D

sleve install could be anywere from 800 to 1200 at a guess. pick carfully who you get to do it tho.

if not done correctly can lead to dramas.

as in later on the sleve could drop and then youll never get a headgasket to seal.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi a wee update:

1. Piston rock to head clearance measured for minimum HG thickness

20140423_1435491_zps8d10b49b.jpg

2. 98mm MLS gaskets and ARP L19 Headstuds

20140507_1908341_zpsf93f09d8.jpg

3. Heads chambered and cc'd for the 98mm bore. Supertech valves in there too. Woof woof.

20140507_1917581_zpsc416f089.jpg

The motor is in now in the car and being run in :)

• 2 weeks later...
 nismovzr2003 said:
Raijin, would you happen to know what block type the early gen1 220 brightons had for their EJ22? Cheers.

Hi sorry for the late response.The non turbo EJ22 engines are open deck. I got my EJ22t from a farmer in the USA who had an old turbo legacy as a farm round about!

• 2 weeks later...