Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

No boost under hard acceleration 98 TT BG

gats13

The car was working fine til the primary turbo blew, had it replaced with a primary turbo from a b4 and i can get it up to 15 psi if i slowly put my foot down but if i put my foot more than a quarter down on the accelerator the boost just drops to zero instantly and if i keep my foot down the boost jumps up and then drops to zero repeatedly (surges) and i cant feel the second kick in or any kind of vod ??? ??? i understand how troublesome these motors can be but any help would be much appreciated, its a 1998 bg auto.

Cheers

gats13 said:

Thanks, will have a look tomorrow. Where abouts is the differential pressure sensor located?

and i will have a go at reading the code too :)

Differential pressure sensor. Also note hose 21 off left side of pic:

Secondary_out_006.jpg

Hose 21, goes from the TMIC to this firewall hard line. Then to the left side, of the differential pressure sensor (drivers side).

Hose 22 goes from the secondary relief valve, to the other firewall hard line. Then to the right side of the differential pressure sensor (passenger side).

Differential sensor is labelled both sides, 21 & 22.

czar loc']

On a BG the differential pressure sensor is mounted behind the drivers side strut tower in the space between it and the firewall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote name='lachlan said:

what model is that with the differential pressure sensor over there ? all ive ever seen is when its next to brake booster

/quote]

On all the legacys ive owned its were les666 says

21 and 22 aren\'t backwards and seem to go to the right places one under the intercooler and one to the thing (?) on top of the secondary dump valve. If I feather the throttle it gets up to 15psi but that\'s only at 2500 rpm it used to only just start kicking in around there. I floored it to see what would happen and it surged, then wouldn\'t go above 4psi at higher rpm and over 100 kph. I\'m thinking of taking it in to a garage because I just can\'t solve it :(

23 looks okay I squeezed the line on the turbo side of the T and it felt like the pill is there will double check tomorrow. 23 goes into the passenger side guard, is there a solenoid in there or something? Also as the turbo has been replaced with a primary from a later model b4 would that cause any problems going into a bg

Hose 23 goes to the Boost Solenoid, inside the guard. Then hose 10 is the recirc/bleed back to the intake.

Going from a VF18 to a VF26 primary could cause boost issues, you might need a boost controller (mbc/ebc).

Until you get one, try fitting a straight hose from your turbo to the waste gate. So your running WGSP-waste gate spring pressure (7psi). If that fixes it then you know it\'s a boost control issue.