Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Version 7 STI TMIC (fittment/comparisons)

Rosssub

New TMIC arrived today. ;D

BH TT / Version 7 STI:

TMIC_002.jpg

TMIC_compare_003.jpg

TMIC_compare_005.jpg

TMIC_compare_002.jpg

STiNGR']

Are they a direct replacement of the bh cooler?

[quote name='94 Leone said:

I have a V7 WRX non STi cooler; still way bigger than BH one: main issue you\'ll have is the BOV recirc (not an issue if you vent to atmo) I also run the stock V7 bov and a silicone recirc pipe: my issue was that when I bought my under mani intake: I got for a GC, instead of GD; because at that stage I didn\'t realise the BH/BE is basically a mating of GD mechanical with GC electrical (until rev D) so my bov recirc is a tight squeezy fit. with a GC intake; and virtually everything else resembles GD structure. :P

Oh; and mounts I bent one mount around to fit; and used a plate to space the other one. works well.

• General Member

I think with my v5 I used the v7 Bracket, as you can see in your picture the part where it mounts to the Gearbox is the same but it still didnt line up exactly right at the IC end. I can have a look tomorrow and confirm I used the v7 mount.

The biggest issue I hit with the WRX was the TMIC rubbing on the firewall in places so I have put a bolt into the Drivers side bracket and used a stack of oversized washers to hold it off the firewall. I am looking at going to a super hard Engine and Gbox mount soon to eliminate the rubbing 100% as it still rubs on coldstart from time to time.

Later this year I am probably going to FMIC anyway but this is a good mod if you plan to stay sub 250kw and look a bit stealth. No FMIC = a touch of sleeper and lots of disbelieving looks when you get up and go.

- Edit - Also if or retrofitting a v7/8 TMIC do something about the under bonnet shroud to match the TMIC. We played with shrouds a bit on the Dyno and a modified shroud with bigger hole reduced Intake temps considerably vs. the stock GC8 one.

The Version 5/6 drivers bracket won\'t reach without a 70-80mm extension.

For the rubbing you could slot out the bracket bolt holes, at the Manifold end to shorten it 5-10mm. Then shorten your TB silicone joiner.

I\'m scrapping my original TMIC Shroud.

This is my new Version 7 WRX TMIC splitter, over my original Version 5/6 splitter:

Diffuser_001.jpg

Still 10mm short at both sides and 20mm at the back for the STI. But will open up fairly easy.

• General Member

I must be using the v7 one then because its not that short but it doesnt bolt up how I have it sitting which is a bit of a shame.

I have a similar looking splitter but possibly with a slightly bigger opening, its a copy of a v7 Zerosports one I think and it flows really well with my v8 STI scoop.

My TB Joiner is as short as it will go, IC literally sits flush with the Throttle body. But it doesnt cause many issues just the odd rub and tap on cold start now with my slightly rangi solutions. Overall I am not to worried as I will go to FMIC soon but my current setup has served me well for a few thousand kms and 3-4 trackdays.

Johnnynz said:

I must be using the v7 one then because its not that short but it doesnt bolt up how I have it sitting which is a bit of a shame.

I have a similar looking splitter but possibly with a slightly bigger opening, its a copy of a v7 Zerosports one I think and it flows really well with my v8 STI scoop.

My TB Joiner is as short as it will go, IC literally sits flush with the Throttle body. But it doesnt cause many issues just the odd rub and tap on cold start now with my slightly rangi solutions. Overall I am not to worried as I will go to FMIC soon but my current setup has served me well for a few thousand kms and 3-4 trackdays.

Good news that, may pick up a bit of power at better intake temps if you do it nicely. Wont see any change in onset of full boost if you stick with pissy turbos either.

• General Member
 evowrx']

[quote name='Johnnynz said:

My TB Joiner is as short as it will go, IC literally sits flush with the Throttle body. But it doesnt cause many issues just the odd rub and tap on cold start now with my slightly rangi solutions. b]Overall I am not to worried as I will go to FMIC soon[/b] but my current setup has served me well for a few thousand kms and 3-4 trackdays.

Good news that, may pick up a bit of power at better intake temps if you do it nicely. Wont see any change in onset of full boost if you stick with pissy turbos either.

I dont think I will go halfway at all this time. FMIC, Big turbo, decent injectors because the engine should handle it. I am kind of 50-50 tossing up between going all out or just selling up and grabbing an already modded R32 GTR as my fun car doesnt see the road much anymore.

But thats a story for another day and another thread.

• General Member
 Rosssub said:

Sweet, you must have the Version 7 STI splitter. There\'s one on trademe for $350, I thought $60 and some tinsnips will have to do. ;D

Love your thought pattern, my going TMIC was partly a I can do it myself and its different vs. getting a Cert decision and partly a "I just want to get this done now or I never will" decision. My Link had sat and waited almost 18 months at that point and my old TMIC was farked so something had to be done.

• General Member

Oh so there is a difference, I thought they were the same size. I am running an STI one.

Will keep you top of mind for the splitter too. I had considered making some or getting some made as a few people have wanted them.

• 3 weeks later...