Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

TD06SL2 20G vs 60-1

kris_pran

Hey guys,

Anyone have experience on the Kinugawa 20g or 60-1 Turbos on their sti\'s?

How bad is the lag on the 60-1 compared to the 20g?

Turbo is going on a V7 STI, aiming for 280-300kw area, have supporting mods to go with it.

TD06SL2-20G Turbocharger with 2.4” A/R 60 Compressor Housing, Billet Compressor Wheel and 8cm Turbine Housing

Compressor wheel: 52.5 / 68 mm

Turbine wheel: 54.1 / 61 mm

SUBARU TD06SL-Garrett 60-1 8cm with 2.4”Cover Turbocharger

CHRA Size : TD06SL-Garrett 60-1

Compressor Wheel : 59.5 / 76 mm

Turbine Wheel : 61 / 54.1 mm

Positive input appreciated.

Ill be up front here and others and share (dont usually bother on here) but i will save u the hastle.

None of thoes will get you 280-300wkw (thats if you were talking wheel in the original description) if you run E85 and head work you may get there but otherwise you want another turbo selection.

The 60-1 setup on their turbos is abit of a flop. The compressor wheel is too big for their matched turbine wheel IMO.

Hopfully that helps...

Wow, that just contradicts what ive been told from the driven performance guys.

They run a TD06SL2 18G on their race car making 300kw (cannot verify atw or flywheel). Most likely talking about atw because no one talks about flywheel power. Marketing their products with false claims >:(

Minaj cracked 270kw with the same 20g on GCP

My supporting mods are

Cosworth 272 Cams

AEM water/meth injection

860cc Inj

FMIC

Turbo back exhaust

Walbro

GFB EBC

H/D Clutch

What are the alternatives to the kinugawa turbos? I prefer stock location units.

kris_pran said:

They run a TD06SL2 18G on their race car making 300kw (cannot verify atw or flywheel). Most likely talking about atw because no one talks about flywheel power. Marketing their products with false claims >:(

My supporting mods are

Cosworth 272 Cams

AEM water/meth injection

860cc Inj

FMIC

Turbo back exhaust

Walbro

GFB EBC

H/D Clutch

What are the alternatives to the kinugawa turbos? I prefer stock location units.

This is going to be one of thoes pointless debates lol :D.

The 20G is not a bad turbo but honestly they stretch to make a genuine 260wkw. Without power adders (then this whole thread goes on another angle)

Minaj\'s cars majic tho and so is some of the results ove seen from the GCP dyno ???

Cant help much there :).

Ring some people like E&H or Torque and ask them their thoughts on the turbos/setup...

The cams and water meth well help you but thats a big ask for a 20G IMO and will struggle dyno dependant.

WRXER']

[quote name='jkwrx555 said:

What about the kinugawa td05 20g?

/quote]

Wont even get close, I had a Td05 18g and can tell you now that won\'t get you near the 300kw atw mark. As Marc said above.

oh I just meant in general

marc']

[quote name='kris_pran said:

My supporting mods are

Cosworth 272 Cams

AEM water/meth injection

860cc Inj

FMIC

Turbo back exhaust

Walbro

GFB EBC

H/D Clutch

/quote]

This is going to be one of thoes pointless debates lol :D.

The 20G is not a bad turbo but honestly they stretch to make a genuine 260wkw. Without power adders (then this whole thread goes on another angle)

Minaj\'s cars majic tho and so is some of the results ove seen from the GCP dyno ???

Cant help much there :).

Ring some people like E&H or Torque and ask them their thoughts on the turbos/setup...

The cams and water meth well help you but thats a big ask for a 20G IMO and will struggle dyno dependant.

appreciate your response

looks like blouch turbo for me then :)

btw marc, superleggera looks hnnnngggggg now lol

20shmhk.jpg

My MSE custom jobbie wasnt laggy 20psi by 4k and was a weird mix of bits - 56/78ish comp 4" cover with TD05 clip/trim in 7cm.

If you can run av or E85 or something better than 98 even with meth added it makes a huge difference to the curve and every little thing helps. Doesnt matter what you bolt on your setups only as good as its weakest link. If the setups good get a bolton Garrett just get Steve to work his ceramic magic so the odds are better or one of his hybrids. Unless you want to twist then the selection is huge.

There was a V7 running a TD06H 18G which ran a high 10 but on better gas/meth or similar, headwork and stripped out.

I wouldnt believe a word of what driven tell you look at the way they answer TM questions.

SP00N said:

Get a gt3076r or similar and you will hit round the 300kw mark on a good tuner hats safe as well

With the other ones like Chinese td06 variants you would see 260 at best

GT3076 is more 350wkw- better to run GT3071 from others results. The MD321 variants seem pretty good too but again garrett anyway so both big money. All depends on everything else tho.

Steve still reads here just doesnt post. Always wanted this dyno sheet.

Off his FB:

WRX 2.1 MSE CAST TDO6 60/1 comp wheel 58mm turbine shaft using the stock sub 7cm turbine housing full boost 3500rpm 383kw wheel, 10.86&136mph was done back in 09, very few sub owners have the honor of saying they ran a 10\' way back then.

Blast from the past this was done back in 09\' 2.1 WRX motor running a MSE cast TD06 60/1 comp wheel with stock TDO5 7cm turbine housing machined out to 58mm, full boost was 3600rpm rev to 8200 ran a 10.86&136mph who said a 60/1 comp setup doesnt work like anything use the right people with the know how.

10168016_10151999216562680_5147124922887

i haven seen a gt/x 3076r making 350anywhere on a subaru in my personal experience.. Maybe with a 0.82 or larger housing, maybe with fuel modifiers or tricked heads. but as Marc says i think that all goes ways beyond the scope of this thread.

also in my 3x personal experience on a gt/x3071 they are tuned to about 270-80kw.

steves results are steves results, and hes entitled to those, but its a fair assessment those aren\'t able to be replicated in any examples I\'ve seen.

A member had a GT3076 or X cant remember to 358wkw hes willing to pitch in if he wants but he hasnt shared so far up to him if he does. Was dialled back to 300-320wkw mark due to cooling issues iirc. and yes built heads unsure on fuel.

Didnt you end up with 300ish odd with the 71 and Luke also Jon? you lads stopped posting sheets and started just posting figures a while ago. :P

Is it just me or is everyone forgetting that yellow coupe was running nos? Lol. I ran his old gearbox for abit..

And the 60-1 doesn\'t work well with a small exhaust wheel or the sl2 or tdo5h which KINUGAWA offer, Steves one would have had a full size TDO6 exh wheel in there..

marc said:

Is it just me or is everyone forgetting that yellow coupe was running nos? Lol. I ran his old gearbox for abit..

And the 60-1 doesn\'t work well with a small exhaust wheel or the sl2 or tdo5h which KINUGAWA offer, Steves one would have had a full size TDO6 exh wheel in there..

Nos and meth wasnt it?

I remember the TD06 spence got off you had been dropped back to a 20g due to not working and steve did that.

evowrx']

[quote name='marc said:

/quote]

Nos and meth wasnt it?

I remember the TD06 spence got off you had been dropped back to a 20g due to not working and steve did that.

Yep both and there you go Nitrous foggers (lol so whole thread debate becomes semi pointless????!!).. I doubt it had a TD05H sized exhaust wheel in that housing.. No doubt that car was a great package just not bolt on etc as Kris is trying to find ect. There is options out there and Steve is a good option but asking that from a stock location turbo without some real other fuel/engine majic will be hard...

Subaru-Impreza-WRX-STI-Coupe-eng.jpg

Yep thats right so thats REAL WORLD experence on a REAL DYNAPACK says that kinugawa combo is flawd on a 2.0L lol. Other contributing factors within the turbo but either way small exh wheel with a big comp wheel is a flop in this application...

funkytown']

[quote name='marc said:

either way small exh wheel with a big comp wheel is a flop in this application...

/quote]

have been saying this for a few years now.

Yep always been a relitive rule of thumb...

Some applications have more leway then others but Subaru if any is going to let you know if theres a problem no questions there lol ;)

Good to have some added proof tho and thats why i thought well see what happens and test some more..