Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

TD06SL2 20G vs 60-1

kris_pran

evowrx']

[quote name='SP00N said:

Get a gt3076r or similar and you will hit round the 300kw mark on a good tuner hats safe as well

With the other ones like Chinese td06 variants you would see 260 at best

/quote]

GT3076 is more 350wkw- better to run GT3071 from others results. The MD321 variants seem pretty good too but again garrett anyway so both big money. All depends on everything else tho.

Steve still reads here just doesnt post. Always wanted this dyno sheet.

Off his FB:

WRX 2.1 MSE CAST TDO6 60/1 comp wheel 58mm turbine shaft using the stock sub 7cm turbine housing full boost 3500rpm 383kw wheel, 10.86&136mph was done back in 09, very few sub owners have the honor of saying they ran a 10\' way back then.

Blast from the past this was done back in 09\' 2.1 WRX motor running a MSE cast TD06 60/1 comp wheel with stock TDO5 7cm turbine housing machined out to 58mm, full boost was 3600rpm rev to 8200 ran a 10.86&136mph who said a 60/1 comp setup doesnt work like anything use the right people with the know how.

10168016_10151999216562680_5147124922887

That is an awesome number. Only thing that doesn\'t make sense to me is 29psi is off the compressor map. Unless it\'s a custom wheel?

t04b_60_1_comp_e.jpg

funky: you posted inside the quote

With meth/no nos on that car I believe it was some where round the 350wkw mark. It was a TD06 wheel not TD06H iirc but def a 6 variant not 5. More displacement etc but shows as a package things can be achieved if the stars line up. Bolting on the worlds best turbo alone means nothing.

sl8r said:

Got it back from tuner, made a total of 298.5 kw at the wheels on 27psi. Drive home was fun, hadn\'t driven it for over ten months........ So much had changed and I\'d forgotten a few things.

What turbos was that?

correct, 2 x gt3071\'s, 1 x gtx3071, 1 x gtx3076 and all are 60mm rear end and 0.63AR T3 housing.

one gt3071 had 2.75\' inlet, one gt3071 had 4" (no anti surge) inlet, gtx3071 has 4" inlet with anti surge. gtx3076 has 4" antisurge.

all genuine garrett gt and gtx compressors

evowrx']

With meth/no nos on that car I believe it was some where round the 350wkw mark. It was a TD06 wheel not TD06H iirc but def a 6 variant not 5. More displacement etc but shows as a package things can be achieved if the stars line up. Bolting on the worlds best turbo alone means nothing.

[quote name='sl8r said:

Got it back from tuner, made a total of 298.5 kw at the wheels on 27psi. Drive home was fun, hadn\'t driven it for over ten months........ So much had changed and I\'d forgotten a few things.

/quote]

What turbos was that?

Yeah says 345 with no nos but doesnt mention no water meth at that power..

either way as I said that particular car is a good combo but not really applicable to the Kinugawa version in this thread.

Getting abit off topic now haha :D

marc']

either way as I said that particular car is a good combo but not really applicable to the Kinugawa version in this thread.

Yep still running meth at that so wonder how it wouldve gone on pump.

and yep off topic.

[quote name='kris_pran said:

Wow, that just contradicts what ive been told from the driven performance guys.

They run a TD06SL2 18G on their race car making 300kw (cannot verify atw or flywheel). Most likely talking about atw because no one talks about flywheel power. Marketing their products with false claims >:(

What are the alternatives to the kinugawa turbos? I prefer stock location units.

Alternatives are Scoobyclinic/Garrett/MD321/TD06 variants/MSE custom price from highest to lowest. Kinugawa do custom manufacture for similar prices to their on shelf units too flick them an email with what you want.

The SL2 wheels make 300wkw on other cars SR20/4G63 etc but dont seem to on EJ20\'s in the states/UK. Without knowing a bunch of tuners on a personal basis its hard to know what goes on in NZ and most people dont have deep pockets to test a bunch of turbos monitoring everything.

kris_pran said:

They run a TD06SL2 18G on their race car making 300kw (cannot verify atw or flywheel). Most likely talking about atw because no one talks about flywheel power. Marketing their products with false claims >:(

Minaj cracked 270kw with the same 20g on GCP

My supporting mods are

Cosworth 272 Cams

AEM water/meth injection

860cc Inj

FMIC

Turbo back exhaust

Walbro

GFB EBC

H/D Clutch

What are the alternatives to the kinugawa turbos? I prefer stock location units.

It\'s up to your budget, I only bought a kinugawa because that was the only turbo that was in my budget. It didn\'t involve any fabricating or other work except labour. But my honest opinion I would personally wouldn\'t mind buying a kinugawa in the future. I knew my old set up had a 11.9 in it

Someone split this off and just leave the related stuff?

Jase, just talking to Steve, you\'ve got the wrong map its a T04E 60-1 and it was working right at the pointy end.

End of the day it ran a 10 which it seems is bloody hard to do in NZ in a WRX.

More info from owner in here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151999216517680.1073742051.255636937679&type=3

Keep discussing guys i dont mind.

evowrx - That yellow coupe was aided with nos and water/meth injection, doubt the turbo alone on pump fuel would crack 300 atw and even then its not a option for me due to being rotated.

funkytown - Its hard to please you eh :P ...I\'ve heard nothing but tons of good things about the blouch units on nasioc. Those reviews were good enough for me to consider them an option.

Ive been shopping around for prices on the dom 1.5xtr aka GT3071r and 2.5xtr aka GT3076r

1.5xtr - $100 less from quoted price below

2.5xtr - $2180 shipped.

Custom duty would kill me but i suppose i could get the supplier to skew the invoice numbers abit :P

But if i do ahead with the dom then the cams would be out of the picture due to budget restraints.

evowrx']

Yep still running meth at that so wonder how it wouldve gone on pump.

and yep off topic.

[quote name='kris_pran said:

/quote]

Alternatives are Scoobyclinic/Garrett/MD321/TD06 variants/MSE custom price from highest to lowest. Kinugawa do custom manufacture for similar prices to their on shelf units too flick them an email with what you want.

The SL2 wheels make 300wkw on other cars SR20/4G63 etc but dont seem to on EJ20\'s in the states/UK. Without knowing a bunch of tuners on a personal basis its hard to know what goes on in NZ and most people dont have deep pockets to test a bunch of turbos monitoring everything.

Scoobyclinic options are rather expensive, mates sc40 barely cracked 240kw atw. Piss poor for a sub 2k turbo if you ask me.

MD321 - Would blow the budget as with above as well.

Funny you say that about the TD06\'s because i got a call from the owner of driven performance last night, he was telling me yet again he was making 350kw on his 18G, this time i confirmed it was on pump 98oct and 18G @ ST Hitec. At this point i was trying my best hold back the laughter.

kris_pran said:

Keep discussing guys i dont mind.

evowrx - That yellow coupe was aided with nos and water/meth injection, doubt the turbo alone on pump fuel would crack 300 atw and even then its not a option for me due to being rotated.

It did read the link the owner posted up - 330wkw was on straight 98 and 6cm. So good for an 11.0 with a perfect drive.

• Admin

Be careful around US spec stock location turbos, they don\'t have to worry about the steering column so they have a lot more freedom with where the downpipe ends up.

I tried a US-fit GT3071R housing and it fit like complete shit.

For 300wkw it\'s hard not to say go twisted, it\'s a LOT more work but you will have a bastard of a time getting 300wkw from a stock location-sized turbo without running epic amounts of boost.

Just remember if youre going 272\'s theres the setting up to pay for, springs/retainers, cams and adjustable gears. Power will likely head to the right.

20G will do that power and go TD06 something on the hot side you have avcs to help spool it up anyway. If you get a silicon under mani get a decent one not a cheapshit one. Kent was running stock intake pipe on his and stock tmic tho.

If it was me I would get steve to build something as it will come in at half the price of the garrett/dom and still deliver. Genuine parts and leaves you an extra 1k to blow on other mods. He does take a fair while depending on workload tho dont expect it overnight.

Wheres the car at with mods/power at the moment?

kris_pran said:

The dom ones were designed for both jdm and usdm models :)

The 1.5xtr was specifically made for the EJ205/207.

I think ive exaggerated the \'\'300kw\'\' goal a bit lol.. I\'ll be happy with 280.

Go for a td06sl2 with a 8cm housing, headers, injectors, walbro, perrin turbo intake and a fmic easy 280kw without opening the engine up.

evowrx said:

Just remember if youre going 272\'s theres the setting up to pay for, springs/retainers, cams and adjustable gears. Power will likely head to the right.

20G will do that power and go TD06 something on the hot side you have avcs to help spool it up anyway. If you get a silicon under mani get a decent one not a cheapshit one. Kent was running stock intake pipe on his and stock tmic tho.

If it was me I would get steve to build something as it will come in at half the price of the garrett/dom and still deliver. Genuine parts and leaves you an extra 1k to blow on other mods. He does take a fair while depending on workload tho dont expect it overnight.

If i went with the 2.5xtr then cams would be out of the picture as ive said earlier.

currently at 228kw atw cai, turbo back exhaust, bigger tmic, mbc, walbro. At first i thought it was quick but want more power now.

• Admin
 kris_pran']

[quote name='evowrx said:

/quote]

If i went with the 2.5xtr then cams would be out of the picture as ive said earlier.

currently at 228kw atw cai, turbo back exhaust, bigger tmic, mbc, walbro. At first i thought it was quick but want more power now.

I was in pretty much the exact same boat. Spent quite a lot of time and money trying to do it stock location, then gave up and got a big turbo and twisted it. If you want up around 300wkw, that\'s the way to do it.