Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

My svx manual conversion

Hey guys I've almost finished my svx 5 speed rwd conversion but I have a few issues I was hoping you could help me with

1.)The rpm appear to be reading incorrect sometimes 0 rpm at idle and sometimes 600 I've go not idea what could have caused this and have tried replacing the rpm sensor and no longer believe it to be an earthling issue

2.)I have a rev limiter at some point that changes sometimes 2400rmp the highest I've found it was 4200 possibly the same rpm limit but reads incorrectly due to the rpm being wrong and maybe it has a rev limit due to not having removed the tcu?

3.)I don't know how to wire my reversing lights, its a gtb gearbox

I have a Speedo adjuster coming from America to fix that due to ratio change and I've just taken the selector of the auto box and have it plugged in the engine bay in neutral so the car will start

Edited by Svxaphile

Could you remove the rev limiter until you find the rpm issue, just to rule it out. Could be a dry solder in the cluster itself?

For the reverse lights, the manual gearbox will have a reverse switch on it (round sensor with 2 wires). The auto box used an inhibitor switch instead. Wires should be the same colour, you must have a spare plug hanging near the gear box rear? (old inhibitor switch loom plug)

Green/Black is 12v feed from fuse to reverse switch, then from switch Brown/Yellow to the reverse bulbs.

Thanks for the help ill have another go at sorting the reverse lights ,is the plug I want for the reverse lights connected to the auto shifter assembly? and I connect that to the 2 wire round plug coming of the gearbox?

I think ill leave the rpm and ECU issue for the moment until certs done and then get someone better than me to take a look, I agree there is probably better ways of wiring up the box than I have done and that the ECU is probably in a state of moderate confusion and probably the reason for the limiter.

DacerX I do have 2x pdfs on for a 5 speed cable clutch and one 6 speed but neither were specific enough on that point for me to understand.

Thanks

Edited by DacerX

Svxaphile said:
Thanks for the help ill have another go at sorting the reverse lights ,is the plug I want for the reverse lights connected to the auto shifter assembly? and I connect that to the 2 wire round plug coming of the gearbox?

I think ill leave the rpm and ECU issue for the moment until certs done and then get someone better than me to take a look, I agree there is probably better ways of wiring up the box than I have done and that the ECU is probably in a state of moderate confusion and probably the reason for the limiter.

DacerX I do have 2x pdfs on for a 5 speed cable clutch and one 6 speed but neither were specific enough on that point for me to understand.

Thanks

Im no dancer, trust me

The inhibitor switch should look something like this:

15894d1270171875-inhibitor-switch-locati

The loom out the top of the auto inhibitor switch might have 6 wires. Green/Black is 12v feed from fuse to reverse switch, then from switch Brown/Yellow to the reverse bulbs.

The manual reverse switch will have 2 wires, White/Black is the 12v feed from fuse, Black/White goes from switch to the reverse bulbs.

Manual gearbox reverse switch:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9mGNEFn_8O7lzqBAKRTz

Auto inhibitor loom - Manual reverse switch

Green/Black - White/Black

Brown/Yellow - Black/White

Edited by Rosssub

Svxaphile said:
Got the Speedo adjusted and reverse lights working so its ready for cert!

Very nice, did you get the tacho sorted? Surely it wouldn't be a cert issue though? Guessing the faulting rev limiter is doing it, the rev limiter will be spliced into the ECU rev wire, (r the ECU rev wire is bypassing through the rev limiter).

Is your CEL light on since the conversion?

tacho shouldn't matter for cert and I have no cel apart from the cel I've always had for knock sensor that comes and goes as it pleases, I'm not going to worry about the limit for now and when I get round to it I think I'll get someone more experienced to do it as id hate to get it wrong somehow