Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Lots of Legacy BP5's on the road, many on here?

killervq30de

Andy_Mac said:
Also found this yesterday. Will be pretty awesome for some subtle hidden gauges

+++++http://www.cubbypods.com/#!product/prd1/1613616265/jdm-subaru-legacy-liberty-cubbypod-(rhd)+++++

Remove +'s

Wouldn't let me put a normal link in for some reason???...

This looks quite good if you had 2 tasteful gauges, I'm tempted. And cheaper than the sti equiv and miles better than sticking/screwing on to the dash

• Admin

Ive already got a boost gauge on the dash. Like having that in a clear spot. One isn't so bad, anything more than ghat starts to get messy.

Thinking about maybe oil pressure and oil/water temp in the cubby. Has to be 52mm gauges though, not quite as common as 60mm ones. I'll end up going the defi CR series route

Andy_Mac said:
Ive already got a boost gauge on the dash. Like having that in a clear spot. One isn't so bad, anything more than ghat starts to get messy.

Thinking about maybe oil pressure and oil/water temp in the cubby. Has to be 52mm gauges though, not quite as common as 60mm ones. I'll end up going the defi CR series route

Im going with the Defi CR 52mm series (white faced to match my dash and AFR gauge)

• Admin

@syphe

Out of interest, if yours is the newer defi controller, where did you end up putting the interface/little thing with the buttons? Still struggling to find a spot i'm happy with.

Definately have to go black face for me, night time setting matches the dash perfectly

Checked that "horny" feature - turned out I have it on, bloody loud. Cruise buttons and brake switch are on its way, seriously considering buying AV stereo panels/climate form avojdm.

BTW, I have a 60mm Defi gauge for sale - white numbers/red needle if anyone is interested.

STI Genome/Defi boost gauge and controller

Complete with all wires/sensor/Subaru harness,60mm, Genome mounting cup + hood (not shown on pic) $2500_e557c_75e30a7d_XL.jpg

killervq30de said:
My fuel light came on when the gauge still had like a quarter notch to go and trip comp was saying 80kms, which is about right as it was $120odd to fill from there. So pretty early for light to come on.

How manys kms does everyone have on the clock? I'm on 56ks now, I couldn't see any sub 80km manuals when I brought mine

Im somewhere between 107 and 110k at the moment, Mines a JDM 6 speed.

My range meter is the thing i use the most in that car, mine is super accurate, light comes on at 80km. Ive managed to get it down to 30k before giving me ---- (usually its 40)

Kiwijoe, I find my range gauge updates pretty quickly when I give it some Jandal. Seems pretty responsive, although I trust it just a little too much maybe haha.

Aurai said:
Im somewhere between 107 and 110k at the moment, Mines a JDM 6 speed.

My range meter is the thing i use the most in that car, mine is super accurate, light comes on at 80km. Ive managed to get it down to 30k before giving me ---- (usually its 40)

Kiwijoe, I find my range gauge updates pretty quickly when I give it some Jandal. Seems pretty responsive, although I trust it just a little too much maybe haha.

Mine is stting around 7.9 kms/litre (think got about 480Km on the last tank).. I find the range metter more depressing than anything because it shows you how little you get to a tank :) All inner city / suburb driving.

Andy_Mac said:
550-600 you're putting in 98 aye?

Yep 98 - I'll throw in a bottle of injector cleaner at the next fill and get them to change fuel filter at the next service, check the plugs. Anything else?

I have just got the car so maybe a bit of honeymoon flooring of the car

Rosssub said:
+1, at least every 2nd oil change. Every time on higher km engines. :)

This one 460-x-220-upper_engine_cooler_img_2922.jSubaru Upper Engine Cleaner SA459 is the only upper engine cleaning product that has been tested and approved by the factory to be used in Subaru vehicles, and included as a factory requirement in the maintenance and service schedule.

Where do we get from n NZ? Winger? Or just get them to do it when servicing it?

That's the stuff, it's brilliant. $20 a can from Subaru/wingers etc. You could just get them to put one through, but it's quite cool to do yourself and see all the crap blowing out the exhaust.

Full detailed instructions on the can. :)

Andy_Mac said:
@syphe

Out of interest, if yours is the newer defi controller, where did you end up putting the interface/little thing with the buttons? Still struggling to find a spot i'm happy with.

Definately have to go black face for me, night time setting matches the dash perfectly

I originally had it in the glove box, but I'm putting my carputer stuff in there so needed to make room, I've now got it attached using cable ties on the kick panel above the drivers pedals (right above my clutch pedal if that helps), with all the wires tucked into the kick panel I don't hit it at all with my feet.

Andy_Mac said:
Here's a dumb question..

Where do you spray iupper engine cleaner nto on these engines?

My old one had the ports coming off the intake manifold that i sprayed it into, the plastic manifold doesn't have those

The BOV vac hose must still go to the manifold, maybe down near the TB?

One thing about the fuel economy on these there seems to be a massive difference between autos and manuals. From what i've seen the manuals average around 9-10km/l and the autos only get about 7-8km/l my auto seems to confirm this.