Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Lots of Legacy BP5's on the road, many on here?

killervq30de

killervq30de said:
Mine is stting around 7.9 kms/litre (think got about 480Km on the last tank).. I find the range metter more depressing than anything because it shows you how little you get to a tank :) All inner city / suburb driving.

Wow that is terrible, the lowest I get is 9.2 im usually about 9.8-10.2, no nana driving.

If I chuck it in "I" and nana drive I can get it to 11.7 to 12, but only if I try really hard.

Andy_Mac said:
Its a shame we don't get the tbsti legacy's over here like they do in oz, seriously sick cars. Thinking i might have to copy the wheels they come with and get a pair, or just be a cheapo and get the rota gravel lookalikes.

IMG_3947_zps735f983e.jpg

IMG_3946_zps47f48032.jpg

I dunno. They were a case of the the local distributor basically chucking the contents of an STI catalogue on an existing car, together with some Brembo brakes. I would much rather have an S402 (which have popped up now and then in NZ) with its genuinely unique features.

On an unrelated note, I replaced all of the Legacy's interior lights with LEDs today. I wasn't expecting to keep the fade in and out of the main cabin light, but to my surprise it still does it! Score! It's the little things...

I also found an interesting site that lists the 0-100 times for every Legacy from 1989 to today: http://www.1001moteurs.com/performance/view-Subaru-Legacy-2-5+GT+Spec+B-3194.html

Edited by KiwiJoe

Does anyone know of anyone who fixes/exchanges the clocks/fuel economy-o-meter's?

Mine looks like its guessing the time when its working (Err 5:45)Thats when it comes on at all.

From research its just a dry solder on a resistor but its under the display so not easy to get too.

Im also after some standard springs if anyones got any lying around.

tebbyj said:
Does anyone know of anyone who fixes/exchanges the clocks/fuel economy-o-meter's?

Mine looks like its guessing the time when its working (Err 5:45)Thats when it comes on at all.

From research its just a dry solder on a resistor but its under the display so not easy to get too.

this guy

http://mitsi-spec.co.nz/legacytrip.htm

tebbyj said:

It's not that hard to do it yourself, been there done that.

tebbyj said:
I would give it a go but my soldering skills are pretty terrible, probably end up completely ruining it.

Same here, was like my second time doing soldering ever, just need to be patient and have steady hands.

Edited by sobanoodle

Beep - And random japanese message - Anyone else had it?

Had it happen 3 times now, the dash makes a beep (like when you change SI drive modes), then a japanese message appears that fills the whole little odo screen and then disappears after 1-2 seconds. I don't think its a warning because it doesn't stay on long enough and doesn't flash the CEL. My stuuupid andriod phone and even my old point and shoot wouldn't be able to power on quick enough for me to take a pic

• Admin

You sure its not you trying to go into s# when the engines cold? Pretty sure mine beeps every time you change modes. So that explains that i think..

Can't remember if a warning comes up in the dash when you try going into s# when cold or not. Could be just a message saying it doesn't want to

Andy_Mac said:
You sure its not you trying to go into s# when the engines cold? Pretty sure mine beeps every time you change modes. So that explains that i think..

Can't remember if a warning comes up in the dash when you try going into s# when cold or not. Could be just a message saying it doesn't want to

I wasn't actually changing modes at the time though, was just driving and it did it. Just the singular beep you get like with changing SI drive. Not concerned but definitely curious

killervq30de said:
Beep - And random japanese message - Anyone else had it?

Had it happen 3 times now, the dash makes a beep (like when you change SI drive modes), then a japanese message appears that fills the whole little odo screen and then disappears after 1-2 seconds. I don't think its a warning because it doesn't stay on long enough and doesn't flash the CEL. My stuuupid andriod phone and even my old point and shoot wouldn't be able to power on quick enough for me to take a pic

Yeah I have had it, only twice, two consecutive mornings. Was the two days about a month ago Auckland got down to record low temps. Happened about 10 mins into my commute, so was already in s#, cant replicate it either so cant get a pic with google translate :/

Aurai said:
Yeah I have had it, only twice, two consecutive mornings. Was the two days about a month ago Auckland got down to record low temps. Happened about 10 mins into my commute, so was already in s#, cant replicate it either so cant get a pic with google translate :/

Thats sounds like same circumstances as me - had been around 4 degrees when it first happened and I think low temp another time too. It does have on the dash an UNDER TEMP light which is meant to come on when its really cold to warn you the roads could be icey (saw that in I think the us/canda manual)

Andy_Mac said:
Ah get ya now. Can't think of any warnings that only chime once other than fuel and thats pretty obvious.

One of the downsides of jap imports ay.

For sure like the INFO button on the steering wheel, if you hold that down for 2 secs just afer engine starts you can change some stuff around, overseas model manual says you can set birthdays and stuff. I had a quick look at it but got to a menu that said ON OFF and had no idea what I was about to adjust so backed out real quick. No telling what different options the JDM one has

You get a beep and a message (press I for more Japanese details :D) when the car is on and one of the doors is open, or when you're deriving and not wearing a seatbelt. Don't think those are problem related messages, just some Info stuff.

Installed cruise control yesterday, works perfectly (just no appropriate lights on the dash, everything is straightforward anyway).

beeping on cold mornings is prob the ice warning. mine does it when we have a frost. comes on when temp dorps to 3 degrees or lower.

beeps with door open, no seat belt, handbrake on when moving. also beeps low fuel.

annoyingly you can set time, date etc in the facelift clusters but noway to have it show the time (seen mine has factory nav which they used to display the time).

Same boat with the cruise control. it works but no cluster lights and cant fit them.