Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Zerosports Sequential Boost Controller Issue

steve118

Rosssub said:
Is it actual boost cut, like a violent jerking or instant loss of power as though the ignition is turned off? Or just boost is maxing at 10psi?

when it reaches 10psi the whole car feels like somebody has slammed on the brakes

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rosssub said:
Put the car into test mode (green and black plugs), turn ignition on and see if your ECV is opening/closing.

While in test mode, ignition on. Look down drivers side of TMIC and look to see if the ECV actuator rod is moving in and out.

Also maybe check that all your vacuum hoses are around the right way. Didn't you also swap solenoids in the BBoD? Maybe check to make sure all of the vacuum hoses are seated properly. How did you replace the solenoid? Did you solder or crimp? Maybe grab a multi-meter and check continuity. There is also a check valve or one way valve in line 12 I think. Might pay to check that too. I know when I cleaned out some lines I got it around the wrong way and cel came on under boost but can't remember checking for codes afterwards.

sequential_1.gif

TT%20Solenoid%20Box%205.jpg

That's the ICV (intake control valve) you've circled Andy. This is the ECV (exhaust control valve actuator) pictured below. Code 62 is the exhaust control valve negative pressure solenoid.

Rosssub said:
Drivers side wastegate thingy is the ECV:

http://clubsub.org.nz/forum/showthread.php?40911-Inside-the-BBOD/page2

The actuator rod should be moving in and out, while in test mode:

ECV_004.jpg

Edited by Rosssub

• Admin

Haven't done it myself so wouldn't know really but my 4th gen with a vf45 is just a completely different beast, runs out of puff at the top end a bit though, but anything from a TS sti wouldn't have that issue. Rossub's build and some of the older how to's would be the best thing to follow