Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

WRX V11 turbo options

barendb

Was wondering what aftermarket or upgraded turbo options are available or people recommend for a V11 WRX with a 2.0 motor.

On V11's the turbo now bolts directly onto the TMIC so it makes it hard using previous generation STi turbo's :(

I would start with looking at how breakable your engine is first as a simple reflash might net you a bit of power without putting your engine at risk. Bolt on options for that late stuff are available thro kinugawa iirc but hit and miss on quality. Read the thread on nasoic and uk forums and make your own judgement.

It's actually for a SH5 which has the same layout as an V11 WRX (Don't know the chassis codes)

The SH5's come with a really really tiny TF35HL turbo, explained to a mate yesterday that it starts running out of puff just past 4500rpm, spools real quick but dies down real quick too. Just seeking something that would boost a bit longer through the rev range, not seeking top end power, just improve the drivability.

been advised to stay away from Kinugawa

had a chat with Steve he recommended a TDO4 but that too seems quite tiny...

My misses's V9 WRX has a TDO4 in hers, pulls nice, little to no lag, but runs out of puff as well. Drove a mates V8 STi yesterday with a VF30 and that was phenomenal, little lag pulled hard till 6000rpm.

So something along those lines would be perfect.

EDIT: Meant V7 STi not V8 :o

Edited by barendb

Vf30 on a v8 sti? Not likely. Vf37 perhaps...

You are kinda limited in your options, as its a direct bolt number.

Td04 twinscroll spools nice and fast, but it definately runs out of puff in higher rpms.

You really want to be looking for a v11 sti turbo, so the likes of a vf42 or vf50 sort of thing, or aftermarket. You are going to be very limited by turbos unless you convert to older style top mount or front mount ic

kwi_fozze said:
Vf30 on a v8 sti? Not likely. Vf37 perhaps...

Yeah sorry it's a V7 STi (bugeye)

The guys on OzFoz fits VF52's and VF48's on their SH9 foresters, but those are 2.5L, mine is a SH5 JDM model XT which is a 2.0L engine.

evowrx said:
Marc on here probably has something bolt on in his garage seems to have most things like that.

Haha not sitting here for this one but your early suggestion is an idea about hybrid stock unit with another core should be doable..

Ive prob got enough stuff to have somthing made but yeah might be at the cost of a couple bits of your original turbo if I dont have all

Edited by marc

Marky said:
For what it's worth what else is done to the vehicle?

Bone stock, got an exhaust arriving from Oz soon.

Plan is, exhaust + turbo + tune at the same time. Don't plan to up the boost much, it's a daily driver.

I'm now checking if I can't find an TDO4L from a later model WRX, maybe just go with 18/19T exhaust wheel.