Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Tyre prices

spark_38

It's almost time to replace the tyre's on the BP5 Outback. The rear ones are poked anyway.

Odd size 215/55/17 (factory rims)

Prices from Tony's (U/Hutt):

BS RE002, $289x3 = $867 (4 for 3 deal). Or $249 each.

BS MY002, $259x3 = $777 (4 for 3 deal). Or $221 each.

Are these good prices? I haven't bought tyre's in a while, will need them done in the next two weeks (if I decide to take car to Aucks)

Alternatively I could go cheap Altenzo's at approx $120ea...the guy at Tony's advised against doing that

Thats high

Bridgestone have a buy 3 get 1 free promo.

Shop around and get prices from everywhere else, then take to Tony's and the HAVE to sell the same or better tyre for $10 less pe tyre. You will save $40 on a set of 4.

MY02 is crud, go RE002

I just got a set of 215.45.17 BS RE002 fitted on my car by Tonys here in the North Shore. Ended up costing me 170ish per tyre. I found a random quote on trade me for a set of Dunlop Sport Maxxs (which are a good tyre on their own!) fitted and phoned them up and asked them to beat it. After I declined the MY02s they offered me as they wernt a similar enough tyre, he gave me a price and I booked the fitting. He didn't ask me for the listing or anything. I was expecting to be asked when I went and got them fitted but again nothing!!

2014-07-09164231_zpsb895996c.jpg

Just make sure to ask them to not install the sticker on the window. Its ment to be so you can get your free tyre rotations, but i'm pretty sure the receipt should suffice.

Honestly, the I was considering getting a lesser tyre, but the RE002 is just so good its worth the extra IMHO

Edited by Firenza

spark_38 said:
Could be the odd size tyre?

Tony's said they'd beat any written quotes

Luckily I didn't mention the 'touring' tyres then; FS TZ700 & BS EP100... although the car is used mainly for casual driving

Yep standard blah blah they do.

I used to work for them, 90% people never got a otuer coy to quote...

seith_31 said:
I got mine fom tony's in auckland, grey lynn potenza's re002 @ $209 each!

They beat the price from bridgestone select which gave

me $219 per tyre.

Plus really good service from tts.

What size was that? Currently looking for some 225/40/18, BS select on Wairau is the cheapest so far cheaper price per tyre plus 4 for 3 deal.

Then off to Tony's for their $10 off offer.

WRXER said:
Sweet will have a looksy as need new tyres, usually go with T1R's but will try something different this time round ;). There is a place round the corner here in Albany I'll get prices from for comparison

I'm going there tomorrow too - got quotes from two different BS outlets and the difference is like $30 per tyre (thought they would have the same prices being BS stores...), I know the one in Albany does an alignment for $35 till the end of August though.

sobanoodle said:
I'm going there tomorrow too - got quotes from two different BS outlets and the difference is like $30 per tyre (thought they would have the same prices being BS stores...), I know the one in Albany does an alignment for $35 till the end of August though.

Where abouts in albany is this? Need an alignment....

Btw, i got tts re002 in 215/45r17

seith_31 said:
Where abouts in albany is this? Need an alignment....

Btw, i got tts re002 in 215/45r17

Bridgestone Select

Corner Appian Way and Corban Avenue

Interestingly, prices differ from store to store (BS Select that is), from $299 per tyre up to $334, same for the wheel alignment. 4 for 3 deal however helps a lot. Will try a few places tomorrow, probably won't get cheaper than $299 (which is $224 per tyre on their 4 for 3 offer, or $214 at TTS).

Didn't realize the BS Wairau quote included nitrogen fill and tyre warranty - @ $897 that was a pretty good deal already. Went to Tony's to see what they can offer. Grey Lynn said they can only do $30 off that since I'm only buying three tyres, no warranty or nitrogen included. Cheeky I thought and went to the Glenfiled branch - after about 10 min of calculations they offered me the same package (four 225/40/18 RE002, nitrogen, tyre cover) for $831. Sweet I thought and booked in for next week :D

BTW 4for3 deal ends on 22nd I believe.

• 4 months later...

Old post...

Now I'm after some 215/40/17 for the STI Coupe - which aren't a common size

Mag and Tyre direct can do Falken's for $169ea

Tony's can do RE002 for $225ea

BS Select can do the same RE002 for $189ea, with free Nitrogen fill & 25cpl AA smartfuel disc. I'm considering this option. That's $825 a set with alignment.

Are these prices any good?

Edited by spark_38