• Raised $0.00

New vs old forum

Which forum do you prefer?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which forum do you prefer?

• Old
    • New

DacerX said:
I prefer the new one, has less issues and less downtime and alot more features.

I like the new one but I disagree the old one didnt crash half as much whereas this is often in tinkering mode...nasioc has been shocking lately too. 22b are never down and are on the same platform as are a lot of other forums think dsmtuners rolled over to it a few weeks ago as well.

I get the whole picture of making it more awesome/appealing etc while retaining functionality and ironing out the bugs the old one had, as far as that goes A+.

• General Member

still got bugs and not many features for users [back end maybe], some people haven't returned since swap due to this

still trying to figure the subscriptions part out (to threads) and the general user doesnt know how to post pics unless they enable the button bars

some old sweet posts that include tables and things (like the 1/4 mile/hp thread threads) cannot be updated, even by the thread creator due to limitations

has a weird feel, like its not quite home just yet to me

Edited by Joker

Joker said:
with the picture button or manual typing the code : the general user dun know that either

The options to change font size, embed links, video and images are something deathz0r is looking into at the moment.

Coincidentally enough DacerX, Deathz0r and myself did have a meeting last night to discuss a few of the issues still lingering in regards to the forums. Yes, there is still a fair bit to do. Keep reporting bugs/issues here: http://clubsub.org.nz/forum/forumdisplay.php?45-Forum-Bugs-amp-Issues

I did see your post there Joker, will bring that up with Deathz0r too.

Not being able to delete posts is lame. The karma feature being gone is good. For some reason it's hard to feel connected to what's going on with this forum...

hard to explain why... it's like you can't easily see what threads are active... I know there is the "new posts" feature, but there's something not quite right

about it.

• General Member
 lachlan said:
old

im not actually sure why . but since the change cs has become weekly instead of daily .

no discredit to anyone involved . i respect everything u do

I am in the same boat. I think Joker is onto it saying its not quite "Home" yet.

• General Member
 Timmah said:
The options to change font size, embed links, video and images are something deathz0r is looking into at the moment.

what for? it is there you just have to turn it on in your profile

WYSIWYG setting button does it, turn it on globally (if thats an option) would be cool

Miscellaneous Options

Message Editor Interface:

• Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
  • Basic Editor - A simple text box
  • Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.

http://clubsub.org.nz/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

right down near the bottom o the page

Edited by Joker

• General Member

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

with a bunch of html page coding junk

also I got that replying to this post too, pretty sure thats what evowrx is talking about in reference to 'crashes' or sometimes you get the guy fixing the bike image

Edited by Joker

evowrx said:
Yea get some weird 0 format pages and stuff like that. Me being nontechobuff makes it hard to explain what im seeing. Mainly happens after posting and sometimes the post happens sometimes it doesnt.

yea if i use the iPad its worse and a like button would be cool lol

Hey guys --

Agreed with most the points here. As Tim said we had a chat last night for the first time in awhile. I've got some spare time on my hands now (wrapping up my business) so it'll be good to crack through some of these issues. I want to make this place how you guys want it so this thread will be good and help direct v1.1, we haven't made any major changes since the release tbh

So lets go through so far:

-Imagery-

Yep, asked for then a lot - so if anyone does have any cool pics please send them through. I'd like to update the theme a lot more to customise it. NZHondas do a nice job with their theme but I ain't no designer - so if any designers out there have some spare time!

-XML errors-

These are a pain, agreed. Getting some external help to look at this over the next couple days. This will stop the majority of the frustrations people are having I think.

-Delete posts-

This can be implemented very easily. I think the general consensus was to remove that feature but it can be put back in.

-10 character post limit-

Will remove

-Old threads having some issues with styling/broken ****-

This is pretty much my first priority. Want dem old threads looking good So yeh, keep em coming guys and I'll plot away at them over the next week

-Like/Karma system-

Yeah we did have that but the plugin had to be removed. I did like the feature and i think most others did - will investigate another

-Facebook login-

Keen, easy, will be live tomorrow/Thursday

-The ol 'Unread Replies'-

I've spent quite a bit of time in the past looking at this when we first launched but didn't find much. Will go on the hunt again as I know you guys love that feature