Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Who does everyone use for insurance

Darkdax55

Had my V7 STi full cover through NAC. was costing me I believe $1200+ a year at 18. Dropped a tiny bit the second year but wasn't really noticeable. Only used them for a windscreen replacement and were easy enough to deal with. This was insured for 12.5k.

My RS-B I have 3rd party/fire/theft+glass cover for I believe $250/yr through state. Insured at 5k. Couldn't get insured through AMI or AA at age 21. NAC wanted over $1k/yr for this car full cover so I very quickly lost interest seeing as I only paid 2.5k for it. Clubauto were a bit cheaper but still way too high considering the cars real value.

IIRC NAC wanted $650 odd for 3rd party fire/theft and Clubauto wanted $530 or so for the same.

Edited by Skatieguy

I'm with State, I pay f-all on account of I am old with a good history (31 and 1 claim)

At times I think third party shouldn't even be a thing, or should have a restriction in car value as such - the sheer number of times I've heard of people losing thousands of $$ of car, just cause they wanted to save a couple hundred in insurance costs is depressing

Marky said:
I'm with State, I pay f-all on account of I am old with a good history (31 and 1 claim)

At times I think third party shouldn't even be a thing, or should have a restriction in car value as such - the sheer number of times I've heard of people losing thousands of $$ of car, just cause they wanted to save a couple hundred in insurance costs is depressing

+1 with state, also on account of age and pretty good history - 2 claims in last 5 years.

Don't go with Westpac/Lumley - I got absolutely shafted by them with a claim. Guy crashed into me and the only paid what the determined was market value which was about half of insured value (the other guy was with Westpac as well and there were a total of 3 cars as well so I think they were trying to get out of paying more).

AA seems good as well, the Missus just had a payout from them after here car was written off and they paid out full insured value.

I used nac and would never use them again, they are assholes and took nearlly a month and half to get a claim sorted out, pretty much told me it was my fault my car got stolen

:)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I previously was with State because they only 1 that offered me agreed value. They did 120 a month for my subaru type r.

When i went back to state after i made a claim they wanted to charge $227 a month and 1950 excess for my v7 sti. So i shopped around and AMI offered agreed value at only $100 a month plus less excess $1200.

Think state wanted to try get back what they paid me out for.

I use state, 2.5l '04 STi Forester insured for $15k. Including windscreen and roadside assistance. I pay $38 a fortnight and I am 22. Have had my previous 2 cars with them ('94 TS-R auto and '00 GT-B E-Tune) with no claims to date so there is a bit of no claim bonus/discount going on.

Mine is through ANZ bank who uses Vero. 33yo, have never claimed. Full cover - $37 a fortnight, $500 excess for my V7 RA with agreed value and full list of mods. Have my mortgage, house and contents insurance through them as well so get a discount.

If anybody is interested, I can forward you the details of my broker, and he can advise you of what he can do. Modified cars can get a bit messy, but anything that's not too far off factory (lowered, rims, exhaust etc) are fine.

Send me a PM if you want some details.