Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

MEMBERS BEWARE

Just thought I'd let everyone know....

On the weekend just past, I was speaking to a couple guys outside the club who were friends of a friend of mine. They started chatting about breaking into cars and how each of them did it and how long it took. Apparently, the new trend that they're doing these days are going onto car enthusiast sites and trademe/zillion sites checking which car to nick. How they choose a car to nick depends on the information and pictures uploaded on these sites.

Got me thinking and I thought... SHYT! we do share alot of information bout our cars on the forum even uploading pictures of them. So I thought I'd ask a few more questions. Apparently they keep a list of each member and the cars they drive or own. Pictures to locate the alarm type, setup, and location, as well as where the car is usually parked.

I was blown away...

Something to keep in mind fellas!

Yep, Even told the security guys to keep an eye on those guys and shared with them what they told me.

While I was back in the club, cops turned up and my mates and I saw them talking to those guys, one of them got taken by the cops... :D :D :D

Security guy said that the guy that was taken was on a curfew and on parol...lol!

Guest itsgotgo
 ReubenH said:

My engine just blew up again. Yep, big end bearing.

Oh and a truck rear ended it.

surely not ruebs? ;)

good on you for passing that on to them 8)

Yep, one down thousands of low lives to go...

Im now going to proceed with extra caution when it comes to uploading pictures of my car and giving information about it....

• General Member

well duh (at whole thread)

the internet is a public domain!

your number plate usually give them your address and no-one wants to care that you Birthdate is listed in the calender (date + address = unsecured loans)

:)

I know its a public domain JoKer, Im just shocked at the tactics used and thought of sharing. Just letting everyone know to be extra careful if they haven't already..

• General Member

TM is being used by crim's since ages ago, for moth cars and ripping off houses - show you address usually and where your telly and security sometimes

not new (not a dig at Subiehead either)

they have been using all available info for as long as photo's exist ie real estate window cards list same details usually

Guest Oscar
 ReubenH said:

My engine just blew up again. Yep, big end bearing.

Oh and a truck rear ended it.

I heard you made it n/a recently as well.

Guest Fastfour

Photoshopping out numberplates is just ass..... what happens when they see your car driving around? Are you gonna take the plates off then too?

Paranoia people.... paranoia!

Guest loren

I smashed both my cars up with a hammer the other day, not a window or panel left without major damage.

Am going to poor diesel into the petrol tanks in the weekend. modding cars is so much fun.

Guest Bjcnz

For your plates, just do what I do, Register your car under a PO Box, or a mates address, so they'll never find your car. And as a side note, dont have your home address on your drivers license, just leave it blank. Cause quite often they'll steal your wallet and get into your car, find your home keys, and they'll find out where you live from your license

Guest keltik

Personally i hope someone torches or steals the wagon. I feel like a change. As long as they steal or torch it within the conditions of my insurance

Reuben....youve been spending too much time with shale.

keltik said:

Personally i hope someone torches or steals the wagon. I feel like a change. As long as they steal or torch it within the conditions of my insurance

Reuben....youve been spending too much time with shale.

:D

we drive subarus, chances are someones gonna have a go at some point anyway. i had a mean idea for a kill switch...gotta try it then i might leak the idea to a few people...

Bjcnz said:

For your plates, just do what I do, Register your car under a PO Box, or a mates address, so they'll never find your car. snip

Yep I have to agree, I register my cars to another address

Better to just invest in a GPS alarm system though, Cost about $700 for the verifind one, which is pretty dam cheap, a bit peace of mind too.