Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Brakes suitable for trackday

Yeah, im pretty sure thats what helped cause it/why i keep cracking rotors too. Though I bough the pagid yellows which seemed to help last time, and now have semi slicks for next trackday in april, so might pull the abs plug out and try that as well.

Yeha I was doing warmup/down laps not using the brakes and rotating the wheels while parked up with handbrake off. The pad to the bottom had even less meat on it, like 1mm or less.

*the pad in the middle is just an oem style pad for comparison*

Edited by AdamOst

Munkvy said:
Are you on semi's or road tyres and what sort of times were you doing at Manfeild on these?

I put the same type of pads in my brothers Evo 5, which has big Brembo thingys and they did work well, for a road pad.

Munkvy..I am using Nitto 555r semi slicks dot rated for road use..plenty of grip..

Didn't get any times last sunday but i guess 1:25 ~ 1:26..

• General Member
 Joker']dude, just run what you have, take new pads with you

[quote name='madmike said:

Just go get a set of normal street whatever pads...

Honestly Don't bother wasting your money on pads just for one trackday then used on the street for the rest of their lives.

unless your instantly quick and have a lot of power you are not going to need more than you have now..

its not hard to tell when they start to fade & back off / get off track / cool down?

• 1 month later...

Hey guys

After doing a few drag events last year im hooked onto motorsport, im looking to participate in roughly 4-5 track days this year and the pads/rotors i've decided on are

DBA4000

Hawk HPS Plus

Stoptech Stainless Steel Brake lines

Unless someone else can persuade me to go into another direction, feel free to comment below on your thoughts.

Edited by kamineko
post moved to a recent relevant thread

What is the brake setup you have? Ie 2 pot/4 pot/Brembo? And what has failed you so far in the brakes? I don't know anything about your car sorry, so no idea of that.

I would suggest if you are going to spend that sorta money on rotors you may want to consider brake pads in the same league? HPS Plus are a bottom of the range pad compared to those rather serios rotors!

And I found braided lines a minor improvement in pedal feel, but at least you then know you have new lines, not potentially old/weak factory lines.

I have standard brembos. Reason for replacement i don't think they will hold up at the track, after a some spirited driving they fade rather quickly and ugh the shudder is even worse. Keep in mind ill be running upwards of 280kw

Ive read numerous reviews on the hawk+ which lead me to make them an option, the other one on the list was ferodo ds2500. DS3000 i feel would be overkill for my setup. Any other suggestions?

Maybe buy two sets of cheaper rotors instead? And new fluid; Motul and Castrol have good reputations. If you do all the Road &Track rounds, and all the Intermarques rounds (both Clubsport level), you'll only be doing three hot lap stints in a duel sprint setup. That'd be about 10 Manfeild days with proper passing and proper timing.

Good advice from GC8E2DD

Even try some 2nd hand rotors from the wreckers, or get the current ones machined. You want to find out why they are distorting before you ruin new expensive parts. I found out the hard way that worn front wheel bearings killed my new DBA's in a morning session