• Toyo's
    • Linglong
    • Bridgestone
    • Falken
    • GT Radial
    • Goodyear
    • Nankangs
    • Zetum

Since the majority has Potenzas, I have RE002 on my V8 and I need to replace one, either going to get two RE002 or get four 003.

Question, can anyone recommend a tyre of similar comparison,good grip wet/dry, quietness, longevity for a slightly cheaper price. As most of us know they arn't a cheap tyre even with a military discount.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
 Lionbrown0 said:
Since the majority has Potenzas, I have RE002 on my V8 and I need to replace one, either going to get two RE002 or get four 003.

Question, can anyone recommend a tyre of similar comparison,good grip wet/dry, quietness, longevity for a slightly cheaper price. As most of us know they arn't a cheap tyre even with a military discount.

Toyo T1 Sport, IMO outperforms the RE001 in every aspect including price. Marginally better dry grip, WAY better wet grip, only thing I can't draw a 100% conclusion on is durability but my T1's have lasted a long time at some reasonably tyre-hungry alignment settings. I haven't driven the RE002 but I imagine they're pretty similar?

Scoobydoo said:
Round black ones

Haha love this.

I was going to join in on the poll but theres no option for pirelli's. Ive got the Pirelli Cinturato P7'S they are a awesome tyre, so good in the wet and dry. I really like them but ive heard there quite expansive in my size. - i actually just looked my size 225 40 18 up on trademe and it said $782... Wtf

Edited by evowrxwifey

• 2 months later...
 johnny5']Now running RE003s not bad at all

[quote name='Timmah said:

Seconded.

Thirded... that's not a word.... I've got these on the GRB and I'm very impressed. I had Dunlop DZ101's before that, couldn't stand them. Grip was very limited. Turn in was horrid and front used to wash out at low speeds.

On the GF8 I had Kingstars (Made for an interesting drive to work) Bridgestone RE001s, RE002s and Toyo Proxes T1 The T1's weren't as good as the Bridgestone RE002's (IMO). They didn't seem to want turn in and grip and well as the Bridgestones did.

A mate has Nitto Invo's on his Spec C GRB and he reckons theyre really good. However they are expensive.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Admin

Having run a set of the famous ZU37's for a year now on the Legacy, I am gonna jump in here and say they're excellent tyres for the money, kick the crap out of the Bridgestone MY series in my opinion, I'd rate them pretty close to the RE001. Wear is reasonably good, I have chewed the inside front corners off but that's basically my fault for a. not aligning the car and b. not rotating. Rears still look excellent.

had yokos, potenza and toyos on the sti v6

yoko were good

toyo t1r adequate

bs potenza re-1r - brilliant

on the gti;

bs potenza re001/re002/re003 - rubbish, too soft for a sports tyre

re050a - excellent, still one of bs's best tyres, better than re003/s001 etc

nitto nt05 - superb dry performance tyre

toyo t1 sport - better than re002 etc not as good as re050a or nt05

• 1 month later...
  • Subscribed Member
 BUGEYESTI said:
Because of this thread I have been given some Bridgestone merchandise to giveaway for the club from head office, who should I talk to about distributing it out?

That's awesome :cool:

On my Mitsi I have a set of Nitto Invos.

Both legacy's currently have crappy tyres (what was on when I purchased), but have been thinking a set of RE003s will fit nicely once these wear out.

Technikhaus said:
That's awesome :cool:

On my Mitsi I have a set of Nitto Invos.

Both legacy's currently have crappy tyres (what was on when I purchased), but have been thinking a set of RE003s will fit nicely once these wear out.

Yeah I just mentioned the thread to my dad who works at head office and he showed the marketing team and they were really impressed and said theyd supply some stuff to giveaway and they followed through!!...

I just put a set of re003s on my new wheels and I couldnt be happier. Had re002s on all my vehicles previously.

Used Bridgestone Rxxx series tyres when I owned my Mitsubishis before turning to the dark side (the light?) Bridgestone Ecopia were on my BLE 3.0 when I bought it. Good tyre, surprisingly grippy and far more fuel efficient than the Goodyear "fuel saving" equivalent I replaced them with.

Will definitely replace with Bridgestone again when the time comes.

Edited by Teufel

• Joker unpinned this topic