Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Takata airbags recall

2 hours ago, chulozumo said:

Forgot to update, RA-R dropped off early may at 3pm in the afternoon, both the airbag and in inlet pipe were done by 12 pm the next day, no rattles. I was pretty happy tbh, they still had no idea what the car was though 

Subaru themselves did not know what car it was??

20 minutes ago, Timmah said:

Subaru themselves did not know what car it was??

Nope, basically how it stared was I emailed them about both recalls, but they only acknowledged the air bag, so I contacted them through Facebook and was basically like, are sti gonna come to the party on one of their flag ship cars, or am I just gonna burn to death when the fuel lines catches fire..

They contacted STI japan, and after a few weeks got back in contact with me confirming they had come to the party.  

They had no idea what the inlet recall was for as they've never seen a car like this before, even comparing it to the 5 S204 we got NZ New, they still didn't fully understand. 

It even came with a 10 page instruction manual complete with photos for the inlet pipe, they didn't let me keep it :(

But ah well, it's done now. Happy man is happy 

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Anyone got an email address for Subaru NZ? Nothing on their website, everything is "fill out the form on this page", but then I have no record of what I've sent, and they can just say they don't receive anything. Had the airbag replaced today, super pissed with the state the car was given back to me. Need to give them the chance to sort it out before I name and shame the shop that did it. But if they don't sort it out, you will most certainly hear about it right here.

• Like 2

• Admin

[email protected]

Plz keep posted yo

Anyone got an email address for Subaru NZ? Nothing on their website, everything is "fill out the form on this page", but then I have no record of what I've sent, and they can just say they don't receive anything. Had the airbag replaced today, super pissed with the state the car was given back to me. Need to give them the chance to sort it out before I name and shame the shop that did it. But if they don't sort it out, you will most certainly hear about it right here.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

• Admin
15 minutes ago, BMCracer said:

Hope you took a bunch of pics of how everything was before you took it in

Thanks Dairusire.

Yeah I did take pics, of the dashboard as that is what everyone has had trouble with. Except me. The dashboard is fine, it's everything else. Really pissed right off with what they've done. Just reinforces my thorough dislike for having to get anything done on my cars by anyone, because no matter how simple it is, or how professional they profess to be, they always manage to F*** it up somehow. It's not hard to get good help these days, it's damn near impossible.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 1randomkiwi said:

You able to share in more detail as to what they did without naming and shaming?

It looks like the filthy pricks had just done a suspension job and then got straight onto my car - without washing their hands first. So the A pillar trim on both sides is covered in dirty greasy hand prints all up and down both sides, as well as a bit onto the head lining. The left A pillar trim isn't clipped in properly. They've managed to put a gouge in the steering wheel ( factory Momo ) in the middle at the top, right where it's staring you right in the face all the time, and, God only knows how, scratched the inside of the windscreen just below the rear view mirror. After they've put the dash back in, they haven't bothered to give it and the inside of the windscreen a cursory wipe over to leave it in a state even close to how I gave it to them ( it was spotless ), just chuck it back together as quick as possible and off o wreck the next poor sucker's car. Really really f***ing pissed right off!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Edited by BMCracer
Grammar

17 minutes ago, BMCracer said:

It looks like the filthy pricks had just done a suspension job and then got straight onto my car - without washing their hands first. So the A pillar trim on both sides is covered in dirty greasy hand prints all up and down both sides, as well as a bit onto the head lining. The left A pillar trim isn't clipped in properly. They've managed to put a gouge in the steering wheel ( factory Momo ) in the middle at the top, right where it's staring you right in the face all the time, and, God only knows how, scratched the inside of the windscreen just below the rear view mirror. After they've put the dash back in, they haven't bothered to give it and the inside of the windscreen a cursory wipe over to leave it in a state even close to how I gave it to them ( it was spotless ), just chuck it back together as quick as possible and off o wreck the next poor sucker's car. Really really f***ing pissed right off!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

You more patient then me... Thats for sure :mad: How can "professional" people work like that. I would avoid taking my car there if you willing to pm me the name?

• Like 1

• Admin
17 hours ago, BMCracer said:

Yeah, that's unacceptable. Have you tried complaining to their workshop manager or you just going straight to Subaru NZ?

• Like 1

@BMCracer I think its passed the point of giving them a chance to resolve it. That kind of damage simply shouldn't happen. There are a lot of us needing airbag recall work done so naming the shop as a precautionary measure for us would be awesome. We all understand that you are specifically warning us about Airbag recall work and not blanket stating that the shop is useless.. Its less shaming them and simply making them accountable for the poor workmanship you experienced. Sounds like they need to have a chat to their lads to make them more mindful.. some people simply dont think. 

I’ve just had a recall come through regarding my NZ new 2007 Outback regarding wiring issues with fuel pump.After the issues with my Outback and Legacy,I don’t want to have it checked by the dealer.Dash in the Outback replaced because of damage,dash in the Legacy installed twice because of rattles.Small damage to Legacy dash which was repaired and poor fitting of center pocket/air vents.I was not happy with this so purchased a new dash at cost which I will install.Outback has air vents popping out occasionally.

• Admin

For clarity, when doing it on a BP, do they remove the entire dash? My dash pad is a cracked, messed up pile of S***, and if they're pulling it out when doing the recall I'll supply them with a replacement to put in at the time. That way they don't even have to be gentle when removing my one :)

• Like 1

• Admin
26 minutes ago, boon said:

For clarity, when doing it on a BP, do they remove the entire dash? My dash pad is a cracked, messed up pile of S***, and if they're pulling it out when doing the recall I'll supply them with a replacement to put in at the time. That way they don't even have to be gentle when removing my one :)

Based on US and Aussie cars, the prefacelifts are a dash completely out job but the facelifts don't require the whole thing to be pulled. They can supposedly get to it from below and may just have to lift it slightly. That was my understanding of it at least...

Mines pretty average too so getting them to install a new one at the time isn't a bad idea. Or hope they F*** it up even more to the extent where they replace it for free.