Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

B4 3.0R 2005 Unique Navi? ( want to adjust the clock)

wicked_one

Hello,

I recently picked up a 2005 Legacy B4 with the EZ30 , and loving it so far.

It has the JDM 7inch touchscreen navi which is now useless. But mine has a DVD reader in the glovebox which can play DVD's on the screen as well as read data discs with music on them which is pretty cool and haven't seen anybody else with this.

Anyway I was just wandering how you adjust the clock time? I sat there fidling with it for awhile and only managed to hide the clock :mad:

jwz3pL4l.jpgqPiOgMTl.jpg

cheers

Edited by wicked_one

More bemused by "EZ30R" - 3.0R is the trim, the engine is still an EZ30D.

As far as B4 goes, Subaru Japan currently refers to all their sedans as (letter)4 - Legacy B4, Impreza G4, and the non-STi WRX is WRX S4. It does seem rather unnecessary given that there's no BS Legacy wagon and there's never been a VA WRX wagon...

RAYDEO said:
4 door? forgetting the Brumby and the Type R, show me any Subaru that isn't a 4 door... Japanese Logic...

Wagons are a 5 door maybe?

I thought B-4 stood for Bilstein times 4.

Also aren't they called B-Spec according to "official" Subaru literature anyway?

Well, there was the Impreza coupe, and the Alcyone before that. I'd guess that the 4 refers to 4WD.

AFAIK the original BE B4s are all B4 [trim] - B4 RSK, B4 RS30, etc. Later generations are "2.5GT Spec.B" etc.

B4 is a sedan, applies to other gens too, not just B12.

Cover pages of B13 JDM sedan catalogues:

GT/GT Spec.B

2003.5%20legacy%20B4.01.jpg

3.0R

2003.9%20legacy%20B4%203.0R.01.jpg

Facelift

2007.5%20legacyB4.01.jpg

2008.5%20legacyB4.01.jpg

2006.5%20legacyB401.jpg

As for the clock.. don't these Navi units get the time from satellites or something like than? There will probably be an answer in a user manual, will have a look when I have time.

lol , all the discussion over B4.

As far as I know its a B4 it has yellow Bilstein shocks all round and B4 on the kick plates.

Apologies for the EZ30D/R mix up. Dont know my engine models that well.

FFjS8w6l.jpg

Also has chrome sills which I havent seen before.

If it gets the time from satellite that's a *****.

Edited by wicked_one

To answer the clock question, I'm 99% sure they hook into satellites and potentially base it to Japan time, hence you can't adjust it. On all the ones we looked at and tried to adjust, they were only out on the hours, the minutes were fine.

Joker said:
needs software cd possibly to update possibly?

I dont even know where the drive is for the nav CD unless it doubles with the one in the glovebox , but then wouldn't it have a disc in it already? and I didn't think there was anything you could do about the Japan maps anyway. (Apart from paying many $$ to have it converted)

It wouldn't matter if they disconnected the battery. As soon as it got power and hit a satellite for location, it would presumably set the time. A bit ridiculous if it doesn't use your location to derive a time zone (given that it is using GPS satellites?!) and set it to that. At least that's what I'd do. Sorry for the thread derail OP =\

GC8E2DD said:
It wouldn't matter if they disconnected the battery. As soon as it got power and hit a satellite for location, it would presumably set the time. A bit ridiculous if it doesn't use your location to derive a time zone (given that it is using GPS satellites?!) and set it to that. At least that's what I'd do. Sorry for the thread derail OP =\

Thats true but I guess Subaru never designed the car to be exported to NZ therefore not needing the timezone??

I'd be interested to see if there was any NZ new models with this nav system.

There's no financial incentive for Subaru to build a JDM-only infotainment system with anything that works globally, because the original owner won't consider it a useful feature and Subaru couldn't care less about what happens to the car after the original owner gets rid of it.

As far as I'm aware we usually get Euro-spec equipment.

EDIT: 7 inches, you say? I'd be tempted to mod a Nexus 7 into that spot. Bluetooth OBD adapter and voila.

Edited by Zenki

Zenki said:
7 inches, you say? I'd be tempted to mod a Nexus 7 into that spot. Bluetooth OBD adapter and voila.

Yeah , there are videos on YouTube of people putting various carputers and tablets in there. The screen is currently useless aside from the rear view camera.

resize_image.php?img=2475&sx=458&sy=351

You can buy one of these mount kits ^ from Japanparts with brackets for $265. Dont know what the brackets are designed to mount though??

Other option is to buy one of those double din , touchscreen , android , OBDII headunits. I dont know if I can trust them though..for the cost and not being a well known brand and who knows what the sound quality would be like.

Edited by wicked_one

Navi unit will most likely be under the drivers seat. That's where I found mine after hearing some funny noises every time I turned the ignition on. I suspect mine had a NAVI screen, DVD in a glove box and all that got removed at some stage - glad they did so. All I needed was a 2din kit.

sobanoodle said:
Navi unit will most likely be under the drivers seat. That's where I found mine after hearing some funny noises every time I turned the ignition on. I suspect mine had a NAVI screen, DVD in a glove box and all that got removed at some stage - glad they did so. All I needed was a 2din kit.

Yeah I picked up one of those kits , stock headunit holds back the factory speakers. Didn't even think to check under the drivers seat , its electric just assumed there would be motors n **** under there.