Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

GC8 Equal Length Headers

timmy31

Its not that simple. A lot of r&d goes into headers well not the chinese ones they just copy known designs and for the price some are hard to fault. With stock headers the egt difference between both banks is 100deg c or so iirc so anything equalish is going to be a lot nicer on the engine. Primary and secondary length and diameter, collecter angle, radius of bends and total header volume are prob the key factors.

Easiest approach is grab a set of symms or similar to suit stock sump and play ignorant to exactly how much better they will be. If you dont tune the car you wont reap full benefit.

Big power has been made on stock headers too.

What Clint said ^^ - I run symms ELH on my v4 sti - I love the sound (except for my ****ty fart cannon on the back)

Performance wise - you may or may not feel any difference - I went from standard unequal length headers (with a cracked up-pipe) to the symms headers so I definitely felt the difference.

So would getting a chinese knockoff headers cut it? Or would it be a worthwhile investment spending the extra money on Genuine Syms or any other top quality brands like Tomei? or possibly custom made headers?

If youre not tuning the etc and going beyond a vf throw on 250t headers. Sound fcking great and cheap as from local pickapart. Shouldnt blow them apart unless you have launch control etc or no mounts on the turbo.

Ive got a set of Cusco headers going on mine. Definitely a nice piece of kit and VERY rare! Ive had the redline semi tuned ones with donut flange which are useless and sit to low. And SSI one i had never had any problems with that however only had it for round 10,000kms

C17F3C44-2626-48FF-9654-8A9D445351E3.jpg

Ninja8) said:
Ive got a set of Cusco headers going on mine. Definitely a nice piece of kit and VERY rare! Ive had the redline semi tuned ones with donut flange which are useless and sit to low. And SSI one i had never had any problems with that however only had it for round 10,000kms

NICE!!!

Exactly what i'm after. Nothing around at the moment unless i want to spend big dollars on something from the states.

I'm just going to go with SSI ones for now unless something pops up on Yahoo Auctions.

timmy31 said:
Hmm, SSI or syms?

Correct me if i'm wrong but i think the SSI ones are unequal so might not be what you are after.

I'm only looking at them as i can't find any decent equal one's at the moment and the equal set i already have don't seem to work well with my aftermarket turbo so looking at replacing them.

They might work better with a car which has a factory turbo fitted.

D1Style said:
Correct me if i'm wrong but i think the SSI ones are unequal so might not be what you are after.

I'm only looking at them as i can't find any decent equal one's at the moment and the equal set i already have don't seem to work well with my aftermarket turbo so looking at replacing them.

SSi do have equal - but its twin scroll (need matching sump)

D1Style said:

I would gladly take them off your hands, but i have a GC8.

timmy31 said:
I would gladly take them off your hands, but i have a GC8.

My car is still single scroll so they will fit a GC8.

Is also 2 bolt so will fit factory up pipe.

It's only the Symms units that don't fit my car, which is a V7.

Ninja8) said:

Now those are some headers, good size tubing too !