Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

STOLEN - AUCKLAND - REGO: REX

ADIKT

• Admin
 ADIKT said:
Just spoke with AVS about the tracker - apparently it states in my terms n conditions that it is my responsibility to check that the system is working as it should.

**** that and **** them, what a gigantic cop-out - got a copy of the T&C? PM me if you want to grind the axe.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boon said:
**** that and **** them, what a gigantic cop-out - got a copy of the T&C? PM me if you want to grind the axe.

Havent had time to look yet - its on my list to do. Just trying to catch up on some stuff at work

ADIKT said:
Heard anything on yours?

No. Ray thinks he saw it been driven around last weekend, but the Police couldn't find it.

The insurance has paid out now which means it's not even my car anymore... so even if it's found I might not be able to get it back :(

loner said:
No. Ray thinks he saw it been driven around last weekend, but the Police couldn't find it.

The insurance has paid out now which means it's not even my car anymore... so even if it's found I might not be able to get it back :(

How long did your insurance take to pay up? I have a 14 day stand down untill settlement (was the same last time)

Yea my coupe got recovered after i was paid out - was sold by NAC at turners as a damaged vehicle. Cant remember who snapped it up - think it was one of johnnys mates

ADIKT said:
How long did your insurance take to pay up? I have a 14 day stand down untill settlement (was the same last time)

Yea my coupe got recovered after i was paid out - was sold by NAC at turners as a damaged vehicle. Cant remember who snapped it up - think it was one of johnnys mates

10 day stand down.

• Admin
 ADIKT said:
Exactly. Their current system needs a review. It's pretty bloody clear it didn't work.

And the fact that they knew it wasn't working but kept taking your money... that just does my head in.

• Admin
 ADIKT said:
Exactly. Their current system needs a review. It's pretty bloody clear it didn't work.

Gutted to hear about this mate :(

Actually makes me mad that people are out there taking people's hard earned possessions.

Was your car outside your place?

I live in the same area so it makes me nervous as heck.

So how long ago did AVS say the signal dropped?

If they kept charging you for a service that they weren't providing....

EDIT: Oh and if you need a lift to a meet or something in the mean time. Let me know aye.

It get even more ****ed up.

Apparently yesterday afternoon at about 5.30 three people came back and tried to steal my neighbours standard as **** base model forester.

Another neighbour saw them and followed them but never caught them.

How ****ing stupid are these ****s.

My baseball bat is next to the front door. And dad has his cricket bat ready ;)

1randomkiwi said:
Gutted to hear about this mate :(

Actually makes me mad that people are out there taking people's hard earned possessions.

Was your car outside your place?

I live in the same area so it makes me nervous as heck.

So how long ago did AVS say the signal dropped?

If they kept charging you for a service that they weren't providing....

EDIT: Oh and if you need a lift to a meet or something in the mean time. Let me know aye.

Yep right outside my place. Found out my neighbour woke to an alarm the morning it got stolen. She didn't think much of it unfortunately.

Last signal was march last year when I was driving 50kmph up line road in GI.

I've got my little sister spare car in the mean time (vw golf) - should be there on Wednesday.

Further to my car going missing my 13 year old dog died today. So what next??

• Admin
 ADIKT said:
Yep right outside my place. Found out my neighbour woke to an alarm the morning it got stolen. She didn't think much of it unfortunately.

Last signal was march last year when I was driving 50kmph up line road in GI.

I've got my little sister spare car in the mean time (vw golf) - should be there on Wednesday.

Further to my car going missing my 13 year old dog died today. So what next??

I'd ask where you live but I feel that is more an in person conversation than one for here.

Time to chain the wheel to the door or your house?

In regards to the GPS, I would seriously be talking to them about their liabilities and the fact that they were charging for a service that they knew wasn't functioning.

If talking directly to them fails, getting some legal advice might be good. Or take it to Fair Go :P

Glad to hear you have a car to use and sorry to hear about your dog :(

Perhaps update the Police about your neighbours theft attempts, so they can paint a better picture of what happened, if you haven't already.

1randomkiwi said:
I'd ask where you live but I feel that is more an in person conversation than one for here.

Time to chain the wheel to the door or your house?

In regards to the GPS, I would seriously be talking to them about their liabilities and the fact that they were charging for a service that they knew wasn't functioning.

If talking directly to them fails, getting some legal advice might be good. Or take it to Fair Go :P

Glad to hear you have a car to use and sorry to hear about your dog :(

Perhaps update the Police about your neighbours theft attempts, so they can paint a better picture of what happened, if you haven't already.

I have already spoken to them briefly about the situation and they have basically said its my responsibility. My old man is all keen on the legal side of things. Going to wait and see what happens with insurance first.

The neighbours across the road from me have good quality cctv. So he's put it on a disk for me to pass on to the police. Also including footage from the second round.

ADIKT said:
Are you the chap in the new school sti? silver?

Haha no, I wish! Just drive an '03 Legacy. Every time I've seen you around I've been really impressed by your car, hope you get it back as it was.