Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

DBA Rotors

Munkvy said:
Anyone able to get a good price on the DBA 2 piece rotors for Brembos? If so I would be keen to talk...

Speak to Mike at Prosport Auto about Girodisc 2 piece floating rotor to suit the Brembos (http://www.prosportauto.co.nz/shop/product/52659/GIRODISC_Front_2pc_Floating_Rotors_for_04-Present_STi/)

Could be a better option than DBAs (probably cheaper too).

D1Style said:
I might be able to through one of my suppliers.

Whats the part number and i'll check.

I am actually looking for them for both 4 pot and Brembo, just to be annoying (gravel and tarmac setups).

4 pot part number appears to be DBA5010BLKS (which includes the hat).

DBA5654BLKS-10 for the Brembo ones with hat.

Feel free to PM me rather than clogging up this guys thread!

Thanks

Vivian

Tony said:
Speak to Mike at Prosport Auto about Girodisc 2 piece floating rotor to suit the Brembos (http://www.prosportauto.co.nz/shop/product/52659/GIRODISC_Front_2pc_Floating_Rotors_for_04-Present_STi/)

Could be a better option than DBAs (probably cheaper too).

Interesting, thanks for that. What are replacement rotors worth without the hat? That price looks similar to what I have been quoted for DBA's before?

Munkvy said:
Interesting, thanks for that. What are replacement rotors worth without the hat? That price looks similar to what I have been quoted for DBA's before?

I just don't hold much faith in DBA rotors if they are used in actual motorsport (which I guess is what you want them for?). Maybe I have just had bad luck with them, or they don't suit my style of driving (but I know others that have also had issues). Anyways, I certainly wouldn't buy them again for a race application. Perfectly fine on a road car that does the odd track day though, although a bit over-priced IMO.

For one thing, the Girodisc rotors have curved internal vanes which I believe is FAR better at cooling the rotor and keeping temps stable than DBAs pillared/kangaroo paw design, so that one feature alone places them higher than DBA in my books.

Give Mike a call and have a chat with him about options & pricing, he is very knowledgeable on all brake system stuff and is always happy to help.

Interesting, got a friend running the 2 piece DBA rotors on his V9 STi rally car and seems quite happy with them, he is also quite an aggressive user of brakes, but I think it all depends on the application and grip levels too? I imagine with slicks you can brake a lot harder than you can on a tarmac rally.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Admin
 McDoof said:
So you still pick the DBA over the Znoelli rotors? Any particular reason?

Probably the huge price difference, because Andrew's good at hooking Club-Sub Members up as he is one. Also the fact I ran my DBA rotors at flat nats and gave them absolute death with Bendix Ultimates and they held pace, no cracking, brake-fade etc.

Dairusire said:
Probably the huge price difference, because Andrew's good at hooking Club-Sub Members up as he is one. Also the fact I ran my DBA rotors at flat nats and gave them absolute death with Bendix Ultimates and they held pace, no cracking, brake-fade etc.

What's his username on here?

Ahh, I see. Normally the DBAs would be more expensive. But if there is good pricing available then that makes sense. What is the best way to make enquiries? Via Clubsub or just contact him directly?