Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

2002 Legacy BE5 RevD single turbo conversion

McMasterJamie

Hi everyone , im currently in the process of buying every thing for my single turbo conversion but have a few questions, any advice appreciated; ive got a vf30 turbo , v7 sti intercooler and y pipe, am going to go custom turbo back exhaust but still undecided about headers ( stock v7 sti or after market semi tuned??) also a sti v7 long block has just come up with 120,000km for a good price , should i pay the extra money and buy the sti v7 block and use a sti v7 ecu ( would this plug in and work without extra tuning??) or use standard block but means i will need a link G4 or tune rev d ecu because of higher compression,, i will be using my rev d intake manifold. Thanks

Managed to upload this recent pic of mine and dads old subie (:

qq0s2vqk.giv.jpg

Edited by McMasterJamie

Welcome along. The journey you are about to embark on is one I am almost done with :cool: "i dont think it will ever actually be done but eh lol"

What power do you want at the end of the day? Your EJ208 only has 125,00ish km on it so providing its been maintained and has not suffered from crazy detonation it’s probably a good stable platform to build a 200wkw daily on. That being said at the end of the day if the v7 sti long block is in the budget then hell that’s the way to go for sure.

When was your car imported?

In regards to the rev-D ECU and getting it tuned im waiting for a reply from Dave at DTech in Tauranga. He is trying to get his hands on a Rev-D map to see if he can go through and turn off all the TT related goodness and clear CELs etc. if he gives the green light on that then I can’t see why the Rev-D ECU isn’t the way to go. You literally need to change nothing in regards to ECU pin-outs “except an optional boost control solenoid” so it does make the conversion very easy in that regard.

If you haven’t already have a quick read through this, Rosssub on here is very helpful: http://clubsub.org.nz/forum/showthread.php?44725-ECU-questions-and-thoughts-Rev-D-TT-to-ST-conversion

Also re; uploading pics: http://clubsub.org.nz/forum/showthread.php?44352-Uploading-and-Posting-Images-via-iForce

Hi great thanks for the reply! I have read through many many pages and threads about the single turbo conversion , also digging deep for a revD conversion and finally going to attempt it myself (: well to start off i want around 300whp but its a long term plan so the ej207 seems a great option.

My current motor only has 138km but runs beautifully but a sti v7 with v7 sti ecu almost seems to work out only a tad more expensive since i will have to tune my revd ecu if i single turbo and use ej208 block.. also what about the avcs in the sti head , easy enough to wire in?? also unsure how converting my intake manifold to single turbo one will go , not looking forward to that haha. thanks

Regardless of what Engine+ECU combination you go for you will need a tune to get 290-300whp so i wouldn’t exclude that from your V7 sti costs.

Someone else on here might have more info on the AVCS guff but yip as far as I know if you run a V7 STI ECU you will just need to wire in the AVCS with the correct loom, i believe the loom needs appropriate shielding etc.

Your intake manifold shouldn't need anything changed? Just throw a V7 undermani silicone intake in there and your good to go.

Rev-D intake manifold - V7 Undermani intake

Edited by A_J_T

What i was meaning is, if i go the sti v7 long block and ecu way i can run it and drive it around without having to tune it for the time being i believe. Okay thanks someone on here will know what needs doing in that department hopefully.Oh yes but im just a tad confused what hoses goes where and all that but i figure once i have the block ready for single turbo and the intake on i should be able to figure out what goes where, did you go v5-6 silicon intake or v7 silicon intake? also im not sure if i should just go factory v7 sti headers and up pipe or go for an after market stainless steel semi tuned redline headers and up pipe, any benefits?? thanks heaps

Your car looks real good man, those wheels <3 :)

I got the V7 intake iirc. and yip the pipes onto intake are just a couple breathers from heads and PCV valve, BOV return line and a vac hose maybe hose 8 :confused: cant rememebr..

Haven’t heard great things about the redline headers.

Edited by A_J_T

Thanks! havent had them long , its on sti springs too. Okay will get v7 intake soon, where did you get all your blue silicon hoses from?. You make that sound easy haha i should be okay though.

Just bought the sti long block and ecu.. exciting :D

What about Xforce headers and down pipes, any good? or should i just get factory v7 sti headers? undecided..

McMasterJamie said:
Thanks! havent had them long , its on sti springs too. Okay will get v7 intake soon, where did you get all your blue silicon hoses from?. You make that sound easy haha i should be okay though.

Silicone radiator hose kit was from SUBARU-Impreza-WRX-GDA-GGA-STi-GDB-GGB-EJ20-00-07-SILICONE-RADIATOR-HOSE-BLUE, undermani intake was from http://www.pro-wholesale.co.nz/ and verious joiners were just from Redline, Altech etc.

Just bought the sti long block and ecu.. exciting biggrin.png

This means commitment haha, start a garage thread im keen to see the journey and end result.

What about Xforce headers and down pipes, any good? or should i just get factory v7 sti headers? undecided..

No real world experience so yea no idea sorry, im going with stock V7 headers for a start purely for sound, i have a set of equal length 250T headers that ill be swapping on and off to make some comparisons and ill keep the ones i like best.

I had a full Xforce setup on my last rex including a Varex muffler and equal length headers.

The only problem I ever had was the stupid remote not working for the muffler.

I have heard of people having problems with the slip joints in their headers and heard of a few people having them crack. This is a while ago though and I dont think their headers use slip joins any more.

Cheers for that , the radiator hoses and intake is on the way. picked up the long block early this week , looks really good! various other parts are on the way. Went factory sti headers. I really want to find a front lip for my car but i havent found anything that fits that bumper..

gave her a clean today and took some pics (:

y3aktkw3.401.jpg

original

11ocuvfz.apq.jpg

Edited by McMasterJamie

There are lips available. Might need to make a couple phone calls to Aussie but im sure you could get one. id like to get one for mine also so might look into it later in the year sometime.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SUBARU-IMPREZA-WRX-STI-FRONT-LIP-SPOILER-MY03-05-GDB-Liberty-B4-/380726112963

http://www.ultrex.com.au/subaru-wrx-sti-style-front-lip-my06-my07-b4-liberty-p-278.html