Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Torque Performance?

@walshmaine there is also a dude who goes by the name An Lal on the subaru facebook page give him a PM not sure if he is floating on here now or not, but he is a good tuner but road tunes that is, he will possibly be able to check your tune out without making any changes and tell you if you are running rich/lean...only downside of it is, that you are on the roads unless you know of some back roads that is safe..

• Like 1

• Admin
13 hours ago, walshmaine said:

I have kinda heard of that Tauranga tuner before, but never looked into them, but good call thanks.

I think a wideband is a good idea and is next on cards

Which end is it smoking from? If it's from the front then your rocker cover gaskets are leaking onto the exhaust manifold and it's not really the tuner's fault nor his problem - although as you say I would have expected them to mention it/at least have a look underneath. Chances are on the dyno with the heat and fans involved it may not be noticable.

If it's smoking from the exhaust then it's either so rich I would expect it to be running like a bag of S*** or you have a serious mechanical issue like a headgasket or piston ringland problem; again I would expect this to affect how it drove?

Strange that you didn't get a dyno printout at the end though. For peace of mind it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world to take it to another dyno and have them do a power + AFR run on it, should only cost you $130 or so.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, boon said:

Which end is it smoking from? If it's from the front then your rocker cover gaskets are leaking onto the exhaust manifold and it's not really the tuner's fault nor his problem - although as you say I would have expected them to mention it/at least have a look underneath. Chances are on the dyno with the heat and fans involved it may not be noticable.

If it's smoking from the exhaust then it's either so rich I would expect it to be running like a bag of S*** or you have a serious mechanical issue like a headgasket or piston ringland problem; again I would expect this to affect how it drove?

Strange that you didn't get a dyno printout at the end though. For peace of mind it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world to take it to another dyno and have them do a power + AFR run on it, should only cost you $130 or so.

Just had the rocker covers done a couple of weeks back. Still smoking. It's white from the exhaust. Only noticeable in stop/start traffic. Not using any water or oil. Fuel economy isn't the best (I figured STI's have terrible fuel economy anyway). Wideband is my next thing then likely another tuner. Only got a dyno print out the first time I took it there, not for the 3 times after, but was told is was re-dyno'd, so taking their word for it.  I haven't had a compression test (since first tune), but will look at getting another one thanks 

Edited by walshmaine

• 1 month later...