Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Reflashes/Road tunes in Auckland

Anyone on the forum currently doing road tunes/reflashes?

Looking to get my V9 sti tuned/ecu reflashed. Basic mods include TBE, Intake and Walbro.

Had one of my previous V7 sti's done by Pappu/Spoon. Managed to get a hold of him once last week but haven't had a reply since and i'm pretty eager to get it done.

I'm aware places such as E&H, Torque performance etc do them, but i'm not willing to pay $1.2k considering it only cost $250 the last time.

Please PM me if you can help with a reflash or introduce me to someone who can

TIA

The only thing I dont like about taking it to those places is them locking the ECU so no one can get to it to do touch up tunes.

Or are they that good that it wouldn't need a touch up? But if it did do they do it for free??

johnny5 said:
The only thing I dont like about taking it to those places is them locking the ECU so no one can get to it to do touch up tunes.

Or are they that good that it wouldn't need a touch up? But if it did do they do it for free??

If I remember correctly, an ECUTek tune will generally cost more due to the license and also make that tune accessible exclusively to ECUtek licensed tuners.

If I was you then I would request to be tuned using Open Source tuning software.

Its a murky area but before I upgrade my turbo and injectors from stock to TD06 etc will these sorts pf places be able to tune the stock ECU to meet the needs of the mods or will they push me to a link ecu which I definitely cant afford.

I have often heard that most places say the ECU has met its limits when it comes to aftermarket turbos and all that jazz.

boon said:
Ever hear the saying "you get what you pay for" - most of the time it's relatively accurate.

If you can afford a V9 and to modify it, I'm sure you can afford to have it tuned on a dyno :)

LOL im very familiar with that saying. I use it almost everyday (I manage a used car, caryard)but then again, it's not always true... Most would probably fall off their seats if i told you how much i paid for my V9 lol. All i really want is to check that the AFR etc are correct. Not too strung up on getting max power as the factory turbo/injector setup is limited to the low 200kws anyways so it's silly to spend up to 1.2k on a reflash. If i go bigger turbo and injectors then yes, i would get it put on the dyno and spend that extra.

evowrx said:
You gain 20-40wkw from a tune in a v9 sti and better economy...not to be sniffed at.

Yes, 20-40kw is a big difference and would change the car a decent amount(i experienced that with the V7 STI) What i'm trying to say is... Say i spend the $250 on a road tune, I'm sure to get at least a 20kw increase, better fuel economy, launch control etc. Now would you personally pay another 1k to possibly get another 20kw increase?

I personally would not. I would save that extra 1k and either put it aside for a dyno tune once/if i ever decide to go the bigger turbo and injector route. We all know how expensive the hobby of modifying cars is, I'm not trying to be "A cheap c***" Just trying to go the best bang for buck route.

Just do it yourself

$500 gets you the cable, software and a standalone wideband (maybe a touch more?), take your time, learn what you're doing yourself, if super in doubt get a dyno run done at the end of things to double check knock with the flash gear and get a power figure

If nothing else it's pretty entertaining and the amount of knowledge available and help you can get online is massive

I paid around $250 for my road tune by papu a few years back and I was very satisfied with the results, I also had my car tuned my Garry Capper and did not notice much of a gain this was on the same setup.

4G63B8 said:
Is Rajin Performance not around anymore? He had good pricing and was pretty good guy to deal with from what i read but his website and things look to be offline now? anyone know what happened there

When I texted him earlier this year, he said he is taking a break from tuning to spend time with his family.

KingCole said:
When I texted him earlier this year, he said he is taking a break from tuning to spend time with his family.

Yeah that's right, he said the same when i got in touch with him a while ago before I decided to go to DTech

He also said to me he wasn't sure when he would get back in to it

• Admin
 4G63B8 said:
Is Rajin Performance not around anymore? He had good pricing and was pretty good guy to deal with from what i read but his website and things look to be offline now? anyone know what happened there

I do have to wonder if someone's car blew up and they sued him.

I'm not suggesting this is what happened, but it seems like a possibility given how quickly and randomly he shut up shop.