Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Rev D Reflash - who has done it?

Marky

33 minutes ago, GorGasmSpecB said:

Wasn't me with the def file.  I could never get it to work.  I know Marky got his working somehow though.

Raijin performance (I think he has stopped tuning now) did mine in the end.  Took him 5 mins to get connected and running.

Yep Al has left the building at least for know anyway. 

I'm back. 

Think this is a def issue but unsure as it appears to be using the correct defs. 

Plugged into @patrickc22 car and pulled the rom off it to see whats going on and try find out if its been tuned as a previous owner suggest it has and its running wonky boost levels. when i pulled the rom off it shows all the below information but the "Boost Control - Target" table along with most other tables is not expandable/non editable? 

Any suggestions. 

Cannot%20Edit_zps38xl82wo.png

appears to be using the correct definitions as below 

defs_zps63g9e7gr.png

no rush on this just interested to know why it wont read. 

Ok, so I was having a play in the weekend and noticed that when launching ECUFlash it looks for the definition associated to the Internal ID, in this scenario it has identified that the ROM is from an ECU with an Internal ID of: A4SH701H "see first pick below".so it has loaded up the definition from the definition directory that has the matching ID. The Problem is that particular definition is DTC def only so only does trouble code deletion as Andy said above. 

B4%20Defs3_zps04or6tps.png

What i then did was took a look in the definition directory and can see someone has written a more in depth definition for the 2002 USDM Legacy b4 with the ID: A4SHC00H

B4%20Defs1_zpsdb1m94uj.png

So what i thought is sure its a different ECU and ID but most of the tables will remain the same. so i edited the A4SHC00H definition and told it to be A4SH701H

B4%20Defs2_zpsrfusovo3.png

And there you go, it now uses that definition.

B4%20Defs4_zpszejn9drb.png

PS. TT boost management is next level wack ^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A_J_T said:

Ok, so I was having a play in the weekend and noticed that when launching ECUFlash it looks for the definition associated to the Internal ID, in this scenario it has identified that the ROM is from an ECU with an Internal ID of: A4SH701H "see first pick below".so it has loaded up the definition from the definition directory that has the matching ID. The Problem is that particular definition is DTC def only so only does trouble code deletion as Andy said above. 

B4%20Defs3_zps04or6tps.png

What i then did was took a look in the definition directory and can see someone has written a more in depth definition for the 2002 USDM Legacy b4 with the ID: A4SHC00H

B4%20Defs1_zpsdb1m94uj.png

So what i thought is sure its a different ECU and ID but most of the tables will remain the same. so i edited the A4SHC00H definition and told it to be A4SH701H

B4%20Defs2_zpsrfusovo3.png

And there you go, it now uses that definition.

B4%20Defs4_zpszejn9drb.png

PS. TT boost management is next level wack ^

hahaha i love the ps 

i have gotten a newish boost control solenoid from pick a part we will see if the fixes the boost still waiting for a reply on the tune 
but i have been looking at geting an aftermarket boost control solenoid i have looked into these 3 

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.asp?id=1252732049&cc=602&pid=490338217&hbc=&member_hash=&ct=title-link

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.asp?id=1252732049&cc=602&pid=490338217&hbc=&member_hash=&ct=title-link

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=1251183295

• Admin

Marky had a whole lot of luck with just a hobbs switch and some sort of non ecu controlled boost setup. Cheap as chips too.

Isn't there something weird with using boost controllers/taps where it only controls single turbo boost and can't really control it once it changes to both. 

9 hours ago, Andy_Mac said:

Marky had a whole lot of luck with just a hobbs switch and some sort of non ecu controlled boost setup. Cheap as chips too.

Isn't there something weird with using boost controllers/taps where it only controls single turbo boost and can't really control it once it changes to both. 

Nope, only the primary has a wastegate so its the same as plumbing in boost control on a WRX or any single setup. 

• 3 years later...

This rom is the closest I've ever gotten to having a editible TT rom http://www.romraider.com/forum/download/file.php?id=13729

2002/03 JDM Subaru Legacy 2.0TT MT A4SHC00H

Also as a disclaimer, i was re-readinig this thread and please dont do like i did above "editing defs and re-defining them" unless you really know what you are doiing haha. 

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...