Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What position do you normally set DCCD?

muncher

Just leave it in auto. Best choice by far, in the older models it's basically a gimmick as to make proper use of it you would have to constantly change the setting, auto does this for you.

Mapdccd is brilliant for the older models . Not really applicable for your car though.

Edited by ballsrburning

my v11 I run it in auto [-]

auto and auto [+] is a bit too understeer happy for my liking.

unless doing gymkhana work, then I alternate between auto [-] and full lock manual or full open manual.

auto [-] or in your case auto is the best option to use day to day

I have a pre 2000 Impreza, and I have typically always gone for as much lock as I can drive around. The car is far more predictable, and still slides tail out under power when thrown in. Since I moved to a mappable controller, it is moot. I decide ahead of time what conditions it locks under, and to what degree. Tuning it is part of the enjoyment. I have competed against drivers that have literally adjusted it manually during runs, which I am incapable of doing.

All of this said, I can't think of a time I have driven with anything other than full open on the road as Mike said. It has a nasty tendency to snap oversteer because it is so light in the aft, but unless you're driving like an idiot (and don't realise you are) it won't bite you. I drive this way to save the diff for competition.

Same as above... open for normal driving as it reduces stress on the drivetrain... closed at least half way for hard driving or things get very messy. mapDCCD is awesome, though not cheap with the current exchange rate.

Edited by loner

loner said:
Same as above... open for normal driving as it reduces stress on the drivetrain... closed at least half way for hard driving or

things gets very messy. mapDCCD is awesome, though not cheap with the current exchange rate.

Huh why not just pm the seller on here..

Dccd pro had me sold on the its mountable g sensor instead of being mounted in the unit like mapdccd. This way you mount it in the center of car so you get a true reading, also get a version that can be wired/run factory dccd display and using the v8 sti thumb wheel and auto switch. dccdpro for the win imo sorry.(even though i like both and optical offers exceptional customer service ;))

Keep the thumb wheel turned down in auto on for daily driving in normal conditions

Edited by hijacka

My MapDCCD is running with the factory thumbwheel for manual operation (and aggressiveness in auto), and also powers the dash DCCD display. It's not piggybacking the factory controller either. Just thought that was worth mentioning ;]

Interesting about the G sensor. I'd have thought the CoG to be closer to the dash longitudinally anyway given how front heavy our cars are.

• 2 weeks later...

The dccdpro g sensor is 2-axis which means it cant tell the difference between lateral G force, road camber and bumps. Also the response is not really tuneable. To make the thing work properly is a perilous exercise. Good marketing on his part but it's smoke and mirrors.

MapDCCD has a 3-axis accelerometer, it can distinguish lateral g from everything else happening to the car, doesnt need to be mounted flat and of course the response can be tuned so you can mount it wherever you like. We also do a dash cluster driver...