Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Police Attention in WRX STI?

I think most of it comes down to how much of a tool you are. The more you ruin the car (ie Stance BS, stupidly low, badly fitted wheels etc), the more you are likely to get them talking to you.

So to the OP, are you a tool? Do you want to ruin your car? If so, expect to get attention of the wrong sort.

On a related note, my GC8 was matte green up until recently and has a 3" straight pipe, but I never got pulled over as although it aint pretty, it's all one colour, it's not sacked and I don't drive it like a dick very often (the rollcage I think also puts cops off bothering with it).

I don't understand how this thread is 'bait', yes I currently drive an impreza but visually it is SIGNIFICANTLY different to your standard blue WRX STI hence why I posted the thread. I am currently wanting to upgrade my car and this is a potential car I am interested in so I am researching the car first....

The most reason people get pulled out is because of how they driving and how they mod the car (too loud, tint too dark or some mod illegal/no safe), no matter what your car is. So just keep it tidy, don't drive like a jerk (at least when you saw the police) and you will have no problem with the police.

Agreed - a few years ago I had a tidy WRX, and a rough around the edges Legacy GT, at the same time. I was constantly getting pulled over in the GT, though it was completely stock. Not once in the WRX, also completely stock, as it looked spotless.

eZ_Harry said:
I don't understand how this thread is 'bait', yes I currently drive an impreza but visually it is SIGNIFICANTLY different to your standard blue WRX STI hence why I posted the thread. I am currently wanting to upgrade my car and this is a potential car I am interested in so I am researching the car first....

Really?

A bonnet scoop and a spoiler does not make you get pulled up

I guarantee if you're getting pulled up much now in the impreza, it'll continue down the track no matter what you're in. The question has a simple answer of "maybe, depends who you are and how you drive"

GC8E2DD said:
Let's be clear; if you drive like a jerk, you are a jerk; whether the Police are there or not.

What is driving like a jerk though? Does breaking the road rules always constitute being a jerk? Can you be driving like a jerk and still be completely legal? If so... then are the Police going to pull you over and call you a jerk?

Edited by loner

Well, it depends. For car person, we can call it spirit driving, but for some others, they can call us a jerk. We don't own road so just be nice to people, give them some respect and they will give you back. If you want to speeding + dangerous driving, leave it for track day, with other people like us.

My car has a big spoiler, stickers, etc but never be pulling over or license checking, just once followed by a cop, maybe they like my car, haha

Being a 'jerk' to me is driving really aggressively, sharp lane changes without warning, sititng on the tail of the car in front etc. I had a cop following me yesterday and for the first time in my life I didn't feel nervous or guilty of something, was a nice feeling

• Admin
 loner said:
What is driving like a jerk though? Does breaking the road rules always constitute being a jerk? Can you be driving like a jerk and still be completely legal? If so... then are the Police going to pull you over and call you a jerk?

Time and a place I reckon... I think straightening out a few bends (which you can see all the way through) late at night on a winding backroad is not being a jerk, even if it is technically breaking the road rules.

And I dunno if you can drive like a jerk and still be legal - most behaviour that I'd consider "jerk" driving would probably break some or another road rule.

Especially with consideration to the Land Transport Act, Section 8; http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/1998/0110/latest/whole.html#DLM434514

"A person may not drive a vehicle, or cause a vehicle to be driven, carelessly or without reasonable consideration for other persons"

boon said:
Time and a place I reckon... I think straightening out a few bends (which you can see all the way through) late at night on a winding backroad is not being a jerk, even if it is technically breaking the road rules.

And I dunno if you can drive like a jerk and still be legal - most behaviour that I'd consider "jerk" driving would probably break some or another road rule.

Especially with consideration to the Land Transport Act, Section 8; http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/1998/0110/latest/whole.html#DLM434514

"A person may not drive a vehicle, or cause a vehicle to be driven, carelessly or without reasonable consideration for other persons"

Well put.