Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

300kw

resurrection.inc

hey guys im about to put the v7 sti in the garage....

My plans when it comes out are a 10sec 300kw + monster.

Any info that people have or tips would b much appreciated.

I need to work out a good turbo at the moment.

Currently its been reflashed to 240kw.

Mods i have to put on are

Front mount intercooler

Twisted setup

Headers

External wastegate

New plugs

New coils

All new water oil fuel vac lines

Fuel pump

Injectors

Injector rails.

Am I missing anything so far?

Later will b clutch suspension and brakes

330wkw seems to net high 10s if driven well.

Do you want a driveable daily that will pull a single 10 or are you going full retardo and planning on cage etc. Im planning on low 11s once finished with stock block. See how it goes if drop forgies and up boost for lower time without doing headwork.

My murch hybrid is fckin awesome admittedly no dyno numbers but if it feels this good with my backyard tuning it should be animal once tuned. Get steve to fit a td06h turbine to a donor core bent inlet td05 with one of his custom covers and comp like mine. Run 4in inlet if twisted or 3in under mani.

Decap your pinks they will flow enough for low 300wkw.

If you want to spend some money ask brian for a price on a forged closed ej25 block. Get head chambers opened up for bigger bore. Gives you a real fun road car without wringing the nuts off it waiting for turbo to hit. Huge difference in drivability no replacement for displacement.

Could throw a bigger cam in like 272ish while youre at it.

Stock headers are pretty good. Im running perrin style with ts sump as the imbalance of stock freak me out. If you run stock cut the flexis out and replace with solid section.

If you want to twist get a set of ts headers and either run a ts td06h housing or go straight to holset.

Stock rails and coils are fine for more power than that but go to an 8 or 9 plug.

Can always run a bit closer to the edge and more boost for a timeslip than a lap time.

Been some cheap g4+ plugins on fb lately.

Go to dtech when youre finished.

Now pics of what you have to put on etc in garage thread craig.

• Admin

You can do 300wkw on a V7 block without touching the block/heads at all.

Recipe is:

-A big turbo. GT3071R will get you there but be marginal. GTX3071R is a good option, also Holset HX35, some of the BorgWarner SX200's. Go big on the turbine housing - I'd be looking at a 0.82 in Garrett terms, or a 12cm at least from other brands. You'll get away with a 0.63 if you got to a GT35 frame turbo. If you just want top end pull and heaps of power and don't mind revving it hard, GT3582R (AKA GT35/40) will go bloody well but they lag a fair bit on the 2.0. The larger the turbine housing you run, the less boost you'll need to make power. Mine makes 268wkw at 24psi with a 0.63 Garrett housing on the back of a Holset HX35, whereas Minaj's car made like 330wkw at something like 18psi with a GT35/40. Less boost = less knock = more brum.

-A good header setup. The conclusion thus far is that headers that meet in the middle then go out to the uppipe (Prova, Fujitsubo style) are ****e for aftermarket turbos.

-Twisted, don't bother trying to make that power with a stock location turbo. This has a pissload of associated small bull**** when doing it on these cars - you'll probably need a custom power steering pressure line to go around the uppipe/gate setup, and you'll need to replace the oil feed arrangement coming off the driver's side head, which feeds the turbo and the AVCS on that side. This requires a bunch of -4 fittings and braided hose etc etc.

-FMIC

-I wouldn't bother changing the coils unless you have some reason to suspect they're sad.

-3 inch exhaust all the way through, I had a 2.5" from the midpipe back and it choked the hell out of the car

-FMIC means a decent aftermarket BOV, recommend Tial 50mm as a no-bull**** option.

-Twinscroll if you want the best of both worlds in terms of spool and top end, complicates fabrication because you'll need 2 wastegates if you're doing it properly.

-No point doing fuel rails except for bling

-Don't **** around with decaps and stuff at that power level, sure they might get you there but they'll be close to 100% IDC, dodgy injectors will make your tuner hate you, just shell out the $650 or whatever it is and get ID1000's

-Also don't **** around with a reflash, again it might get you there but again your tuner will hate you, get a Link G4+ Plugin and call it done, also means that when something goes funny with it, which it inevitably will while it's "teething" the Link will deal with it and either limp the car home or keep running completely sweet (i.e. you can have a HUGE vacuum leak and a Link running MAP will just keep going)

Also check out Snail turbo on eBay. These guys make OEM stuff for garrett, and just start making their own cartridges to improve on garrets design, I have one of there "older" garrett turbo but using their own Compressor wheel. These guys know what they are doing. And make a brand spanker for about 1200usd.

We even got a custom titanium GTX style compressor from them.

• Admin
 evowrx said:
Need an adaptor made which is gogantic pita curious to know what dtech would charge.

Only if you want to run stock TS up-pipe.

Since he's going twisted, he's either got to use an adaptor or make a complete new uppipe so no big deal either way.

HX55 is way too big.

Snail making OEM stuff for Garrett sounds like a gigantic crock of **** to me, why the f*ck would the largest turbo manufacturer in the world get someone else to make turbos for them?

More like they make fake Garretts.

boon said:
Only if you want to run stock TS up-pipe.

Since he's going twisted, he's either got to use an adaptor or make a complete new uppipe so no big deal either way.

HX55 is way too big.

Snail making OEM stuff for Garrett sounds like a gigantic crock of **** to me, why the f*ck would the largest turbo manufacturer in the world get someone else to make turbos for them?

More like they make fake Garretts.

Do some research mate, Snail did the R&D for Garretts GTX style compressor, And pretty sure the compressors are still manufactured in Snails Factory (SUMALAYA). I bought a genuine Garrett from them but with a custom Compressor wheel. These guys know what they are doing.

Their in house turbos are a bit of a unknown quantity, But seeing the quality they are putting out. I would happily replace my genuine garrett with their in-house cartridge.