Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Eg33 turbo builds ?

lachlan

Got half a mind to get an eg33 and mill the top off the pistons down to 9:1 compression and shove a big twin scroll on it and run upto a bar on 98 . In all the time ive been on here I havent cone across any eg33 builds .

100kw per litre would be satisfactory

I know v3 and 4 sti lifters ect fit . Does anyone know if shim over buckets etc would drop in ?coz id jus go to nick a part and find all the ones I need . Apparently a few people rev stock internaled turbo ones to 8.3k . Given its same engine geometry as ej22 I dont see why not .

Twin tdo4s appeals in theory but fk itd be a mess of an engine bay

Any other discussion welcome

Itll fit . Seen plenty of photos .

Odd about the cooling . The water pump is the same fitment as a ej motor so dont know what they fkd up to cause it to cav . Mayby its higher flow so turns to an egg beater at high rpm .

Also lol at the guy in that thread who thought a bigger oil filter would help with oil surg on the track

Twin low mounts I reckon. 3 cylinders to each, could maybe just use factory manifold reversed and mount them low-front, run the IC core up-down with twin inlets at bottom from either side and one outlet at the top

So long as the oil drain is below horizontal you're golden

Twin td04's would be cheap as to acquire, plumbing is relatively simple in theory (I dunno what room there is to work with is the only hiccup) - imagine a 300Z motor really

I would

Yea your onto it marky . All that has been pondered . Yea prolly flip manifold . Might go single throttle body . But try keep it so it diesnt effect the iris . Twin low mounts us fibe for a boat or an offriader but it will never package nice enough for me in a car . I cant stand silicon elbows as a solution to a problem that shouldn't exist

Oh I meant the factory exhaust manifolds, same as a cheap 1UZ turbo setup gets done

I'd just +T it high comp, don't even open it up. I mean you could pour 10k into making it 600hp or spend $500 and still make a comfy 350odd with great tow capability haha

I imagine you have seen the "sloppy mechanics" builds on the internets? they do a lot of exactly this

I have one in my shed (mates car not mine).

They had problems with blowing head gaskets. The motor has now been converted to closed deck, forged rods and Pistons. With a large single turbo mounted at the rear in the centre.

Also using a single throttle body.

DRFVDR said:
waterjacket in them is woefully to small, they overheat pretty good when boosted.

there are options but none are cheap

better/easier/more reliable with an EZ (30,36)

What about with seperate cooling system for turbo or holset with no water cooling?

DRFVDR said:
waterjacket in them is woefully to small, they overheat pretty good when boosted.

there are options but none are cheap

better/easier/more reliable with an EZ (30,36)

Lol yea and short shifters wear out gearboxes and no bov will cause compressor surge and wreck a turbo

Optical said:
Ive done the twin td04 thing and they are too small a combo for a 2.5, look at VF turbos with a p18 housing minimum for a TT setup.

Vf give better response and overall curve. Vf24, 28 or 29 with p20 be the go.

Or td05 16g cheap option with better flowing hotside than vf.

Wait, which TD04's are we talking about, I'm thinking in mitsi terms - then when they end up too small you go td05

Plan B twin T25's or T28's

Better yet twin GTST T3's for maximum induction and zututu noise at minimum cost

The only reason to stick with bastard subaru turbos is cause that what bolts on to subaru up-pipes