Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

GFB EBC and MBC

BINKZ

Ebc is one f**king fantastic piece of kit.

Worth double or more the asking price, works perfectly. Takes some setting up, which is really easy do do, holds boost rock solid, brings it on real fast too.

Love the Ebc, damn good value if you dont want to spend the time tuning boost and wastegate tables

If you do end up going down that route, the valve can be wired in to the factory loom replacing stock control

Whereas I'm on the other end of the scale

Overpriced product for what is a relatively simple job, which can be done for a fraction of the cost

Just chuck a bleed valve on it, the cost of that EBC is halfway to a complete standalone ECU which can do boost control too

Why do you want either is the question

I've used the GFB ebc2 and it does the job pretty well, looks great, has good amount of settings and options. Although I'm agreed with Marky on this one, it really depends what car it's going on as some can be reflashed quite cheaply. It's better to invest in a good ecu that can control boost than pay full retail for something like this(worth noting a boost controller is probably 1/4 of the cost of ecu +tune even at new, realistically). I didn't pay anywhere near retail for my 2 separate units, my new one was $250 and a second hand one I scored for $80. If you can score one for that price I'd go for it as the mac valve will set you back $100 easy(which most tuners will recommend anyway).

ecu range from $300-2000

Flashing/Tunes and setup probably looking $600-1500

New boost controller $450

Food for thought though

Going on a GC8 to achieve correct boost levels. Cost to tune is like $1500 for ecutek or $2-3k for Link. Not to mention i'd have to drive to Wellington or further from Invercargill to have it done. At this point I'm just looking for people's thoughts on MBC and EBC. May or may not just leave car as it is yet. (12psi when it should be like 15 oem?)

Personally if i was spending that money id buy a genuine turbosmart tap but im a bit picky like that. All taps do the same job unless theyre a chink bleed valve. Or a second hand hdi ebc works fine. Cheap and adjustable on the fly. Also gives you a solenoid if you ever go link.