Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Any turbo inlet fabricators in Auckland?

KingCole

evowrx said:
Intake pipe or a bellmouth/inlet sleeve?

Not the intake pipe, I want to replace the silicone hose with a metal one. This is the second silicone inlet that collapsed within the span of 3 months. I should have left stock one on but decided to change it for peace of mind due to its age. I thought it would be worth it to ask here before I get one shipped from the states.

Andy_Mac said:
What brands are you using? The better ones are supposed to be reinforced with SS wire to prevent them collapsing.

MandH was supposed to be reinforced but didn't really seem that rigid going by my personal experience. Was a mission to install too and it wasn't the same size as the stock one

D1Style said:
Do you know if AVO make 3 inch ones?

Agency power make one and I am leaning towards that one if I can't find someone to fabricate one for me. I'd rather pay someone local than buying it from overseas and wait for a couple of weeks for it to get here

Edited by KingCole

Its obviously not big enough so comment still stands .

Iy prolly takes 2 psi to suck that hose in . Thats psi extra your turbo has to generate above what you are seeing on the gauge or feeding to the engine.

At a wild ass guess your running 20 psi . Thats 10 % more work your turbo has to do that it needs to do . Hmm more iat . More exhaust back pressure .

Still laughing out loud ?

lachlan said:
Its obviously not big enough so comment still stands .

Iy prolly takes 2 psi to suck that hose in . Thats psi extra your turbo has to generate above what you are seeing on the gauge or feeding to the engine.

At a wild ass guess your running 20 psi . Thats 10 % more work your turbo has to do that it needs to do . Hmm more iat . More exhaust back pressure .

Still laughing out loud ?

We ran it with the factory airbox, then aluminum intake (not inlet) with and without a filter and just a mesh around the intake. Still the same issue. Trust me, the pipe is just collapsing on boost no question about it.

Good call on LDS Fab though, got a very good price from him.

KingCole said:
We ran it with the factory airbox, then aluminum intake (not inlet) with and without a filter and just a mesh around the intake. Still the same issue. Trust me, the pipe is just collapsing on boost no question about it.

Good call on LDS Fab though, got a very good price from him.

How much did he quote you bro? Curious

Niran said:
How much did he quote you bro? Curious

190 including GST, shipping and the silicone coupler. 160 without the coupler. I am also sending him my stock inlet so he can get it as close as possible. I am only getting the 2.5" diameter but price may probably change for 3" one. If you want yours done then just message him, he is quick to respond.