Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

xforce exhaust system

STiLTD

Hey everyone

I have just acquired myself an 05 EZ30 legacy,has anyone tried the xforce bolt on exhaust kit from redline performance?

if you have,does it sound good? i'm just wanting that EZ30 note but not too loud, droney or tinny sounding, any suggestions?

ToomTom said:
Hi Adam, I had an x-force legacy catback system in my 3L BP5 a few months ago before I sold it although it was the 6 speed manual version. It sounded like.. you cant describe how nice it sounded... They were extremley nice tips too, sort of like the stocks but a lot larger son it kept the lower profile look. The best part was there was such little drone you could barley hear it when cruising but when booting it it sounded like a JDM unicorn hooning down the road. 10/10 would recommend.

iwfnwzt5.znv.jpg

njkjfj0h.gsz.jpg

Seems like they are a good option?

I think it depends on what you have done to the rest of your system. If you keep the rest stock I imagine it would sound pretty good. However, if you have taken out other restrictions on the system then it starts to be a bit of a problem. Daytona did a full system in one shot. Headers, high flow cats, 3rd cat delete and then this system. Would sound sound raspy.

Also interested many forums I've read the 3.0r doesn't like to have too free flowing exhaust many found it lost low down torque ...and didn't sound the best .... am thinking to spend the money on Raptor hears(over the cat-back exhaust)....then + CAI ..3rd cat delete ..tune should see round 160kw atw on 98 fuel .....

jbmurc3.0 said:
Also interested many forums I've read the 3.0r doesn't like to have too free flowing exhaust many found it lost low down torque ...and didn't sound the best .... am thinking to spend the money on Raptor hears(over the cat-back exhaust)....then + CAI ..3rd cat delete ..tune should see round 160kw atw on 98 fuel .....

Pretty much my setup. 163atw

Headers cost me $500 delivered.

I had a bunch of other work done on the front of exhaust because it had fallen apart a bit inside. The front section of this exhaust is all double walled and it had separated making it rattle.

You can't really install the headers yourself unless you have a welder and some welding stills. They are not a direct bolt on due to the design of the stock exhaust. They provide a flange that needs to be welded in and then you keep your stock cats. Have a look at what mine looks at, the link to my thread is in my signature. The install alone was around $250 IIRC.

It looks like the guys at highbrook automotive do a good job of installs and fabrication so you could ask them what it would cost to install and do the 3rd cat delete. The latter requires the fabrication of a Y piece. I bought one from amazon that I had welded in. Does the job.

Tune was/is $400. I use Matt Mcleod.(Kido Tuning or throttlehappy depending on which forum you visit) He knows the H6 the best of anyone I have heard of. Tune by email basically. You just need a certain amount of patience to work with him. Sometimes it takes him a while to respond. That said I would not use anyone else for the H6. He does free retunes too, so you can get your car tuned now so that it actually drives the way it should, then if you decide you want more, start of the exhaust stuff and he will retune for your mods. Makes the 5EAT much more responsive.

McDoof said:
You will probably get a little less power due to the losses from the torque converter. Mine is 6MT. This could be offset by adding the CAI. Apparent good for about 10kw extra.

Yeah was planning on fitting a RAPTOR CAI ...and still have my stainless intake box (should sound sweet with this combo)

Id highly recommend the x-force system. It was great on my 3L as shown above by Ajayy. Ill try to find some videos off my old phone.

im not going to lie, i was mean to this car but that poor clutch, let that out way too soon.

Edited by ToomTom

• 2 weeks later...

Right very good so sounds like matt-kido is the man for the job and the waiting is well worth it >> guess get all the gear first -headers-exhaust-CAI then order the tune ....then months later once received ....fit all the gear and re-flash ECU with Kido's magic ...then hopefully not having to go back for new tune and wait ....I'd be stoked with 160atw KW thats round 40kw+ more than stock ....take the family wagon from 180kw to 220kw .....I had a 5lt V8 that was meant to be tuned to the best the company could take the 5lt 302 and it could only put out 220kw !!

• 2 weeks later...

Have fitted the second hand X-force cat-back to my new Legacy 3.0 ...and I'm impressed perfect tone ...no drone or rasp ...just a noticeable note that builds to a much more aggressive roar >>> also perfect fit with tips at outlets

also fitted the stainless intake box ...but now with the exhaust don't really here much of the induction noise I did with stock exhuast

so onto the next job ....Raptor headers then use the stock cats ...right after cats http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vibrant-1140-Ultra-Quiet-Resonator-2-25in-Inlet-Outlet/310958945875?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D30184729843f4b2a960139b26ad34077%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D310958945875

then 2.25 to collector - Xforce 2.5

but they might not well fit unless I delete the cats ....so other option 2.25 coby resonators after cats then back in the system after first Xforce

resonator fit- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vibrant-Performance-1141-Ultra-Quiet-Resonator-2-5-Inlet-Outlet-/400892556589?hash=item5d570ef52d:g:boUAAOSw7aBVE~K5&vxp=mtr

Edited by jbmurc3.0

• 4 weeks later...