Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Electronic boost controller

axle117

for what sorta car? i wished i followed the advice of not getting one and just wiring in a 3-port mac valve and tuning boost through ecu (obviously was easy for me with being v7 sti and knowing gotasuby). I ran a Gizzmo ebc previously, was average... just didn't hold boost all that well and closed loop system seemed ****. My boost control is maco now being tuned with the ecu,holds solid and spools quick as hell (21.5psi by 3500) plus i feel it seems appropriate for every aspect of the car to be management by one system.If this isn't an option i would recommend GFB

I had an old HKS one in my Type R and it never gave me any issues, was easy to set & held boost very well.

15304606271_1f0650bb39_b.jpg

Have a GFB in my RA thought it was great to start off with, but am sick of it now as it over-boosts regularly I had it installed & tuned the car at the same time. If I floor it in 1st or 2nd and carry on through the gears no problem, but if I'm cruising in 4th and floor it, it over boosts! Very annoying...

13348897754_34551f2673_b.jpg

hijacka said:
Check the rubber hoses around the waste gate turbo haven't cracked or snapped off they go hard and brittle after awhile being subjected to alot of heat very common and would cause over boosting

Thanks, appreciate it. Will have a look tomorrow.

You could also run a hose from turbo to wastegate by passing the boost solenoid see if runs wastegate pressure just to rule that out. Also check the divid on the downpipe isn't stopping the waste gate flap from opening fully. Might even be faulty solenoid too

Edited by hijacka

hijacka said:
You could also run a hose from turbo to wastegate by passing the boost solenoid see if runs wastegate pressure just to rule that out. Also check the divid on the downpipe isn't stopping the waste gate flap from opening fully. Might even be faulty solenoid too

Perfect! I'll try this first..... Just have to get the gearbox back in etc.

from memory the wastegate isn't fouling on the down pipe but I'll try again.

hijacka said:
Have you noticed any high pitch noise when on boost under load? In the mean time add a pil some use mig welder tip. check the waste gate is opening/working via a air compressor. What turbo are you running?

Haven't pushed it too hard under load. It's just been rebuilt and I'm taking it gently. What would the high pitch noise be?