Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Lowered outback thread

ADIKT

D2's are all good. Had mine in for close to 3 years now and haven't had any issues. 

I haven't cut the metal guards in the front because I've never really had a rubbing issue. Probably because I run a smaller tyre. Just roll the F*** out of them while being mindful of the plastic clips. Then trim a bit of plastic liner and the inner edge of the flare.

The rears' simple. Roll them and bash with a hammer. Cover bash marks with a bit of paint and your done. 

I haven't changed the upper control arms in my car yet either - currently just the stock outback ones with butchered legacy bumpstops. The clearance between the two is almost non existent (therefore limiting the travel of the rear shocks) so it would be advisable to change to either stock legacy arms or some camber adjustable ones. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2018 at 4:01 PM, JGM said:

@blackseb you could buy all my suspension components if you wanted (minus the bracing and camber arms)! If you want that low life you'll need camber arms and smaller bumpstops. Read back through this read and @A_J_T's build thread, everything you need to know is in these two threads.

Seeing someone else just starting out is making me feel like a grandad of this lowered Outback stuff xD

@JGM I'd be really keen on getting my hands on your D2's provided they're still in reasonable condition. Could you flick me a message to organise that? I'm in Wellington but if you're able to ship them I'll pay shipping, that'd be awesome.

Just had the wag tinted over the weekend and it's looking good so I'm really keen on getting the build moving - well.. acquiring some parts at least! I imagine if I'm not going low low then I should only need Legacy bumpstops to maintain a functional ride. Thanks guys for the advice on fitment and guard work etc. Sounds like it won't be too much of a struggle to get 8.75's under there.

My E30 is the real drain on the bank account so the aim is to keep things simple with the Outback!

42817573335_663b4a78a0_c.jpg

Edited by blackseb
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Might have taken me a few months, but I finally got around to fitting Bilsteins in my BP5 last weekend.

Gave it a clean and got an alignment this morning. The result, speaks for itself..

d730ebffca8f217b9f601c689f68a527.jpg

cb07e9febd8507c9f93bd0023415bf73.jpg

Dropped 64mm and looks pretty flush on RE003’s. Well stoked, might take it for a test run to town VIA Whitford later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

• 6 months later...

@iludez

Legacy & Outback suspension is interchangeable yes.

You will need to either a) cut the OB bumpstops or b) source some Legacy ones from a wrecker (I've actually seen them brand new on TM too) as even a moderate drop will cause clearance issues there...

Depending on how long you want your tyres to last, I'd recommend getting some adjustable rear camber arms (upper control arms) to correct the camber as even a set of Legacy struts will set you at approx. negative 1.5 degrees.

Other than that you'll be away laughing.

I still miss mine, handled so bloody well with all the suspension upgrades I'd done. Goodluck!

• Like 1

I don't own one but its the aggressive styling, Like the flares and big spotlights I love about them
Quoting this from last year and I now own one. Even better that it's a bloody turbo version. Hopefully have some springs and shocks coming soon so it can be lowwwww
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
[mention=20849]iludez[/mention]

Legacy & Outback suspension is interchangeable yes.

You will need to either a) cut the OB bumpstops or b) source some Legacy ones from a wrecker (I've actually seen them brand new on TM too) as even a moderate drop will cause clearance issues there...

Depending on how long you want your tyres to last, I'd recommend getting some adjustable rear camber arms (upper control arms) to correct the camber as even a set of Legacy struts will set you at approx. negative 1.5 degrees.

Other than that you'll be away laughing.

I still miss mine, handled so bloody well with all the suspension upgrades I'd done. Goodluck!

Hey man any idea on how much lower the lgt springs will put the car down? I'm on 18s also

@iludez Do you have any pictures of your new Outback?

Been a while since posting, I have managed to pick up some rims relatively cheaply and get decent tyres put on and I'm liking the blacked out look. At the moment I don't plan on going lower, although it would look great.

40846960513_1fd7283698_k.jpg

40846959993_86e6a76231_z.jpg

40846962473_7a11c602dc_k.jpg

Edited by blackseb
  • Like 3

[mention=20849]iludez[/mention] Do you have any pictures of your new Outback?

Been a while since posting, I have managed to pick up some rims relatively cheaply and get decent tyres put on and I'm liking the blacked out look. At the moment I don't plan on going lower, although it would look great.

40846960513_1fd7283698_k.jpg

40846959993_86e6a76231_z.jpg

40846962473_7a11c602dc_k.jpg
Nice wagon! Here's mine https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php?/topic/52709-ludez-outback/&do=findComment&comment=656628&share_tid=52709&share_pid=656628&share_fid=9944&share_type=t

1 hour ago, iludez said:

Hey man any idea on how much lower the lgt springs will put the car down? I'm on 18s also

Ughhh I can't remember exactly 😅 you'll be pleased to know that the Legacy struts are 40mm shorter than the OB, good drop there without even considering the springs!

Might have taken me a few months, but I finally got around to fitting Bilsteins in my BP5 last weekend.

Gave it a clean and got an alignment this morning. The result, speaks for itself..

d730ebffca8f217b9f601c689f68a527.jpg

cb07e9febd8507c9f93bd0023415bf73.jpg

Dropped 64mm and looks pretty flush on RE003’s. Well stoked, might take it for a test run to town VIA Whitford later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So this shall be he height my car will be with lgt bilsteins in it I assume? Will 18s make it sit higher though?
  • Haha 1