Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

V5 STi Injector Issue

sweedazz101

Hi all,

Odd issue here. On WOT I'm hitting max duty cycle at 1 bar (14.5psi) when I know those injectors are capable of much more. So under full boost it will flash a CEL and register 100% duty on the ECU.

Replaced fuel pump with aftermarket AEM pump and this seems to have had little effect.

Any ideas?

I did... what exactly am I supposed to have missed? Only the ECU can open the injectors... the apexi power fc doesn't operate in close loop mode under load. If the injectors are at 100% it's go to be tuned that way?????

@ Loner, yeah I get what you mean. When I got it it was running 100% fine, was able to handle 1.15 easy. Now it's struggling on 1bar when no settings were changed :/

@Slystiguy Yep, all working fine.

Going to borrow a friends wideband sensor when it becomes available in a few weeks and go from there.

Appreciate the responses guys, cheers.

Try get a fuel pressure gauge/readout. I'd expect if it's pump/fpr related you will be down on fuel pressure. Otherwise there's not much else that can go wrong with them, bar bad wiring and a block in the injector itself. You can take them out and flow test them for under $50 (assuming you don't need seals). Although unrelated, check your engine grounds are all good they can give weirdo problems if they're not.

failing that if you're sure it's got full power at pump you'd probably have to plug it into a laptop and see what the tune is upto..?

• Admin

Bloody hell, loner is actually hitting the nail on the head here, if the ECU doesn't operate in closed loop then it can only be the fuel map or one of the (probably 2) inputs the fuel map runs off that is reading incorrectly. These inputs almost certainly being load, by RPM, and some measurement of air, either AFM or MAP if it's running one. I would guess the car would run like a bag of **** if it couldn't get a good RPM read, therefore either the map is dumb (and OP says it hasn't been altered) or the air-measuring-thing is going bad (jeez anyone ever heard of a Subaru AFM crapping out??), and telling the ECU it's got way more air than it does, so it's driving the injectors to 100% DC. It's not closed loop so it has no idea of the exhaust AFR therefore even if the fue pump was unplugged it would still try to drive 100% IDC if it met those conditions on the fuel map.

• Admin
 evowrx said:
I love it when loren and boon agree means its time to buy a lotto ticket.

If you read the posts between the personal attacks he's got a bunch of knowledge - he's just an abrasive bastard when he chooses to be :)