Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

BP Legacy - stereo/air-con panel replacement

RAYDEO

17 minutes ago, killervq30de said:

Yep, I got the dash kit.  I think it will stick out enough and it can rotate.. So main concern is clearing top of dash.  I can fish for hazard.

I still think it would fit ok - might just need to angle it down a bit to clear? 

• 2 weeks later...

Seicane S181016

Fitment worked out really well.  You can tilt the screen up, down left and right.  AND slide the whole screen up or down so I could make it lower cover the AC controls or higher cover the clock more.

I still have the factory plastic on the screen as I need to remove again when the reversing camera comes.   I plan on using a Galaxy tab screen protector cut to size or maybe the larger iPad pro.  Think this will help with the glare too.

BTSSM is using a $6 Aliexpress VAG cable with USB straight into headunit not needing separate OTG adapter.  I presume its okay to leave the VAG cable always connected?

20171113_173705.jpg

Screen tilted flat  - this is a really side on angle.. in normal sitting you can't see the mount at all

20171115_233900.jpg

And tilted down

20171115_233518.jpg

20171115_094250.jpg

20171115_094459.jpg
20171115_094255.jpg
20171115_093931.jpg
20171115_094104.jpg

Edited by killervq30de
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2016 at 10:22 PM, sobanoodle said:

Reverse gear signal wire is found in the passenger foot well, don't remember what colour it was (needed it for a reverse camera)....

Ok I didn't end up installing the reverse camera, due to the fact that the wifi adapter that came with the Kenwood CarPlay unit had firmware which couldn't upgrade anything.  So they sent me another hardware revision, I just didn't find the time to take it all apart again.  Now that xmas hols is rolling around and I have time, I'm going to install it.

Back to searching for that pesky Reverse gear signal wire. What colour is it?  and Where is it?

This is the passenger footwell, is it underneath the foot plate see pic, or in the loom with the green connector? (whats the green connector btw?)

EyssS8O.jpg

Or can I tap a wire from the Drivers side wiring, anything available in those 2 loom connectors (top of pic)?

UOjcGGY.jpg

Edited by jabz

1 hour ago, jabz said:

Ok I didn't end up installing the reverse camera, due to the fact that the wifi adapter that came with the Kenwood CarPlay unit had firmware which couldn't upgrade anything.  So they sent me another hardware revision, I just didn't find the time to take it all apart again.  Now that xmas hols is rolling around and I have time, I'm going to install it.

Back to searching for that pesky Reverse gear signal wire. What colour is it?  and Where is it?

This is the passenger footwell, is it underneath the foot plate see pic, or in the loom with the green connector? (whats the green connector btw?

Or can I tap a wire from the Drivers side wiring, anything available in those 2 loom connectors (top of pic)?

Easy and slightly annoying solution - run a wire from the reverse lights to the headunit 

On 22/12/2017 at 5:26 PM, jabz said:

Google is your best friend. 

To be a bit more specific that harness (and the wire you need) actually runs under LHS sill plates and then goes up and behind the dash. 

PS: looks like it is a brown/yellow wire.

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:56 AM, sobanoodle said:

Google is your best friend. 

To be a bit more specific that harness (and the wire you need) actually runs under LHS sill plates and then goes up and behind the dash. 

PS: looks like it is a brown/yellow wire.

On my AV cable it has a trigger wire .. carries the 12volt signal from the reverse lights where the camera is to the stereo