Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Fog light woes

Sub Zero

Hey guys so i just saw today that one of my fog lights wasnt working and when i looked closer it seems something has smashed into it and destroyed the glass. 

So as the one is truly stuffed i was thinking about making them as bright as dam possible and use them as maybe a secondary highbeam if thats even possible?

are there any sort of kit options to replace them both or does anyone know of anything that could work in their place?

Ahh ok so i would probably be better just upgrading them to daytime runners and leaving them set with the fog light switch? 

On that note do you guys know of any good brands that i could change them both to? i was looking at them and the other one looks like its had a hard life and might give up shortly anyway.

• Admin
10 hours ago, newsuba said:

drl's are gay... and use more fuel :D

Well technically not, they use male to female connectors... male to male or female to female just wouldn't work in the electrical world... xD

And LED DRLs use very little power reducing in very little fuel consumption increase, might as well start turning off your radio and A/C if you're worried about that amount of fuel.
Not to mention... we drive Subarus around here :P what is fuel economy? :D

• Like 1

I have just done this to our hiace, used the Hella DRL's shown above, you will need to make sure that they are wired correctly ( turn off when sidelights are turned on) these have 3 wires in them, earth, power and one that turns the DRLs of when power is supplied to it 

here is how I did it :) wire form an ignition source, earth to the fog light earth( as long as it is not switched) and then the power from the fog light switch to the turn of wire on the DRL, so when fog light switch is on it works as it should turn on side lights and the DRL's turn off, turn off fog light switch and the DRL's stay on at all times :)

14 hours ago, Sub Zero said:

You work over at Turoa side dont you? I try use my engine to brake as much as i can on the way back down the mountain. The worst is the fuel consumption going up haha

Yeah we do,sadly the Van is an auto so engine braking is minimal ( also it get quite heavy fully loaded ) But it is what it is, usually 3 sets of front pads + a set of rotors per winter 

3 hours ago, 1randomkiwi said:

@DRFVDR, I remember spotting some of your fleet on the way down to FlatNats this year.
Thanks for the road closure updates btw :)

No worries, I have the NZTA updates coming through to my phone we need to updated constantly