Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Leadfoot 2017 Subaru WRX 25th Year Celebration Voting

ginganinja

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

I'm unsure on how I feel about this, but because I have my ear to the ground, I've found that all three 22b's that were entered have gotten in. Even though they're not (were never called WRX's afaik unless you can find literature that states it that I've missed) WRX's. 

I mean 1 or so but all three? There was that GCA that was kicked out for not being a WRX... Kinda set a precedent there didn't they.

• Admin
1 minute ago, Joker said:

because no Boxer? (Yes I'll stick it out on that point vs 22B is more of a WRX than the GCa was

Yeah and I don't disagree with that. However it's set a precedent. No cars that are modified (to WRX Spec etc) Impreza's have been selected, and if they were in the competition, they were kicked from the competition. However three vehicles which were not, have been given exception to their own rules because 'rarity'.

Yeah, you can call me out on being bummed that I didn't get picked, I am. However it just seems like pretty blatant double standards. 

Just now, Dairusire said:

Yeah and I don't disagree with that. However it's set a precedent. No cars that are modified (to WRX Spec etc) Impreza's have been selected, and if they were in the competition, they were kicked from the competition. However three vehicles which were not, have been given exception to their own rules because 'rarity'.

Yeah, you can call me out on being bummed that I didn't get picked, I am. However it just seems like pretty blatant double standards. 

I'm probably miss understanding your point on this but My car would have to be one of, if not the  most modified car in that comp and it got in. It does still have all Subaru running gear just from a much newer model. 

• Like 1

• Admin
15 minutes ago, fu**you said:

I'm probably miss understanding your point on this but My car would have to be one of, if not the  most modified car in that comp and it got in. It does still have all Subaru running gear just from a much newer model. 

I believe it is a miss understanding yeah. I'm referring to cars that are Impreza's, not wrx's that were modified to essentially be a WRX or wrx STi that were kicked out because the chassis is not a WRX. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dairusire said:

I believe it is a miss understanding yeah. I'm referring to cars that are Impreza's, not wrx's that were modified to essentially be a WRX or wrx STi that were kicked out because the chassis is not a WRX. 

Oh ok I did misunderstand.  my car did start out as a WRX. I do understand why the engine converted cars, sr20det etc were kicked and in all reality there is no way in hell they weren't going to include the most iconic Subaru, but I don't really get the pedanticness around the WRX title, especially if they were modified to a high standard. 

Edited by Username
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, fu**you said:

Oh ok I did misunderstand.  my car did start out as a WRX. I do understand why the engine converted cars, sr20det etc were kicked and in all reality there is no way in hell they weren't going to include the most iconic Subaru, but I don't really get the pendanticness around the WRX title, especially if they were modified to a high standard. 

I'm confused. What car's yours? 

• Like 2

Just now, ADIKT said:

I'm confused. What car's yours? 

I did not link it on here, and for my own reasons do not wish it to be linked with this forum. If you're  on your way to leadfoot it will stand out but at the end of the day it's just another Subaru. 

28 minutes ago, Username said:

I did not link it on here, and for my own reasons do not wish it to be linked with this forum. If you're  on your way to leadfoot it will stand out but at the end of the day it's just another Subaru. 

If its just another subaru we are a subaru forum...you are welcome...but yes everybody has their own opinion. I like it its different. 

• Like 1

you can't get more WRX than a 22B!!!!! no use get technical over the finer details, seriosuly, it is the subaru flagship!!!! why would they ever not include them. i mean hey i never got picked and i believe my V5 STI RA ltd would be one of the tidiest totally standard ones out there. at the end of the day, if ya wanna go to leadfoot you'll go there anyway.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Username said:

Awwwww gummon bro. Jacob, Russ, jarred, manuel or Josh? At least give us a hint 😃 

Don't worry bout everyone else, we're all good on here 😊

The 25 cars have been put up check it out guys

On 11/28/2016 at 7:22 PM, Username said:

subaru-of-new-zealand-736x600

If this is your car and those wheels aint work meisters then 0/10

Edited by Bluntman