Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

05 outback h6 idle woes

seith_31

Hey guys hope somebody can chime in

had the car serviced for 100k maintenance

done upper engine cleaner, oil 5w30, oil filter (genuine) coolant drain, spark plugs, clean maf and throttle body, change brake fluid. Air filter still looks good so left it. Did pour a fuel system cleaner too.

so heres my problem, before service car was idling warm at around 700-800 rpms on idle neutral. Now its idling warm at 1000-1100rpm at neutral. Have tried reseting the ecu through free ssm, battery disconnect and all those stuff. Checked hoses looks good too.

Could there be somethig i missed? Or the car still learning to idle? Car drives great though.

Hum so iv done the battery disconnect procedure. This morning after about half an hours drive got to work put in park and idle was higher about 1.1k rpms. This is messing with my head really. Everything drives fine. No codes nothing. 

Could it be that ecu still learning? Bad fuel because of fuel system cleaner?

Had a clean on the throttle body again and improved. But when i used the car again tonight, problem came back. This is gtting wierd...

here are the parameters on free ssm

%5BURL=http://s182.photobucket.com/user/seith_31/media/153287EC-5ED7-41AA-8991-3BF399090B3D.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x300/seith_31/153287EC-5ED7-41AA-8991-3BF399090B3D.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

Edited by seith_31

Hmm, not familiar with electronic throttles so not sure what the readings should be there.

I know some cars have issues with the throttle plate being moved by hand when its an e-throttle. Hopefully it hasnt upset it. Is there a specific procedure for the ez30 to teach the throttle body there the plate is? I know the idle relearn is meant to do it, but maybe it isnt working.

Ok new development. After warming up, i shut the car off, after 5 mins, start her back up. Idles 800 then after  a few seconds corrects itself to about 950. Im trying to empty the tank hoping the fuel system cleaner messed up somethings and hopefully fixes the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Stodart said:

Could it be a   faulty (temperature)  sensor perhaps - throwing it out?

How do i check this? In inclined on this (temp sensor) or the throttle body itself. It has been very erratic. Sometimes it goes beyond 1000rpm like 1200-1300 and sometimes it goes 900rpm...