Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

B4 and B4 RSK question

Ok called on the front LSD, and fair enough I can't find the site where I read it but now I'm interested.

This link is stickied in the gearbox and drivetrain section.

http://spda-online.ca/modules/tinycontent/rewrite/tc_28.html

It seems to say that JDM Legacy RSK MY00 (the basis of my Blitzen) with Transmission Code TY754VBACA has a helical front LSD with confusingly a "LSD option".

I'll take a look at my transmission code, is there any other external evidence of a front LSD to look for? Boostin if your in Auckland I'd happily swing past your work if you know what your looking for.

I'm all for the talk on these forums being backed up with some solid evidence.

Looks like I did remember the Rev-D gearbox codes right after all ;D

JDM Legacy RSK & GT-B MY99-00 TY754VBAAA 4.444

JDM Legacy RSK MY00 TY754VBACA 4.444 Viscous (4kgf) Helical LSD w/ LSD option

JDM Legacy RSK & GT-B MY01 TY754VBBBA Viscous (4kgf) Open

JDM Legacy RSK & GT-B MY01 TY754VBBCA Viscous (4kgf) Helical LSD w/ LSD option

Me GTB E-tune has the VBBBA so no lsd... you can tell that anyway by the way it'll light up the inside front wheel out of tight corners when you're 'pushing it' a bit.

webup']

Yeah, keltiks right, simply a face lift RSK.

And keltic, they most certainly did do an STi B4. It was called the S401... They are rare as anything though, and have STI wheels, Brembo's, big hood scoop, painted in sonic blue, 6 spd, etc. etc.

http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/s401/index.html

Hawt! Even though we all know wagons are far cooler than sedans!

210k7pt.jpg

i want!!

[quote name='webup said:

Hawt! Even though we all know wagons are far cooler than sedans!

/quote]

Each to their own, i prefer the sedans over wagons.

yea def rather a sedan legacy from 94-03 years

Curiously, if someone were to get their hands on an S401, is there anything special about it that would make them harder to service compared to, say, a Blitzen or RSK? Exterior parts would probably be near impossible to replace I imagine, but I'm more concerned about the inner workings, the engine and such.

I apologize in advance if that's just a really stupid question.

Guest keltik

Nope everythings borrowed from somewhere, engine and drivetrain from an STI and probably brakes as well. So no harder than an STI.

keltik said:

Nope everythings borrowed from somewhere, engine and drivetrain from an STI and probably brakes as well. So no harder than an STI.

engine will be a twin turbo, same as the other B4's

tranny and rolling bits appear to be STi

Interior is a mix of B4 and BL/BP bits i think? new dash etc.

badges/bodywork would be the tricky bits to replace i would imagine... although... HOPAI, can you get S401 badges? :D

Grifter730 said:

Anyone know what's special about the B4 RSK S-edition compared to a normal RSK?

All the S-edition's I seen have that kind of Mica-blue rally-inspred blue paint job.

They're all facelift BE5's (Rev-D) - 2003.

And the two I can find photos of, both have what appears to be a factory front strut brace.

DisplayImage.aspx?Image_ID=2919697&ItemT

DisplayImage.aspx?Image_ID=3057670&ItemT

• 10 years later...

I have a 3rd generation subaru blitzen legacy b4  orange & black interior , we converted it from a triptonic gear box to a 6speed manuel out of the wrx sti 6speed models. Its twin turbo and ligit th roof lining interior is a black pearl its deffs a one of a kind

• Like 1