Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

V2 vacuum diagram needed

That Guy

Alrighty, do any of you guru's out there have, or can point me in the right direction of a factory vacuum diagram for a V2 GC8? I've been having mixed success with what I have been able to find online, with a fair bit of information that contradicts each other. 

At this point, I feel I am fairly close to what it should be as I don't seem to be having vacuum leaks anymore. I am now suffering from over boosting and need to have another look into the b.c.s. 

I brought the car with a majority of the vacuum lines either unhooked or missing so I haven't had the luxury of being able to retrace my steps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

I should add that this relates to pretty much all vacuum lines, inlet manifold etc. This thing truly was a mess!

9 hours ago, slystiguy said:

3_port_solenoid_system.jpg

Boost_Control.jpg

google is your friend eh

Cheers bud.

That is my current set up but I don't appear to have a restrictor pill anywhere in the system. I am a little unsure if how I have set up the vacuum lines from the inlet manifold and the little dowel from the throttle body is correct. I researched it the best it could (still unsure of the throttle body dowl) hooked it up and it kept stalling out when coming to a stop or hitting the clutch. Had a rage fit and tee'd the throttle body dowl into the line between the b.o.v and the inlet manifold and it seemed to work. Idle still drops a little low so I am thinking that's not quite right. I will get a proper(ish) diagram of what I have done up here when I get a chance

7 hours ago, SpeedySub said:

Slight hijack of thread, but can anyone tell me what the doofer is above the BCS, its the one without all the arrows pointing to it and has a couple of vacuum hoses off it.

P.S I can supply photos if required as well

that is the map sensor, on a bc they are only good for about 1bar before they are near maxed out

oh sorry you mean the other one haha I actually dunno what exactly it is, some sort of pressure sensors , old version of pruge control? aka exhaust gas re-circulation  oir EGR valve ?

So to clarify

Small black thing on the far left is the map sensor

large 3 way valve in middle is the boost control solenoid

small top valve is the EGR or purge solenoid (basically opens/closes that charcoal canister thingy, stuffed if I know when/where it opens though haha

11 hours ago, slystiguy said:

small top valve is the EGR or purge solenoid (basically opens/closes that charcoal canister thingy, stuffed if I know when/where it opens though haha

Now that I know what they are called I googled the EGR solenid and yes thats what I talking about.

Now back to the topic.

• Like 1

The Brown EGR sensor above the EBC has confused me a many many time

Because there is only 1 vac line from the T/b attached to it, then another vac line straight to the MAP sensor 

So the EGR sensor allows the ecu to control the EGR Solenoid which sends exhaust gas through the fat black round cylinder thing on left of radiator then back into intake manny

.............Theres a part of me that wants to bin the whole damn thing haha

Wouldnt it make sense to have a seperate vac line for the MAP? unless the little charcoal canister filters the air to keep the MAP sensor free of debris .... ok makes sense now :B 

• 3 years later...

Big thread dredge incoming

I've just taken off and put my IM back on again, and I've just realised the brown egr valve hose goes to my fuel rail drivers side rather than intake manifold. and I have a boost gauge installed which takes the IM port of egr-intake mani hose. 

This is bad isn't it? 

• Subscribed Member
41 minutes ago, swamp said:

Big thread dredge incoming

I've just taken off and put my IM back on again, and I've just realised the brown egr valve hose goes to my fuel rail drivers side rather than intake manifold. and I have a boost gauge installed which takes the IM port of egr-intake mani hose. 

This is bad isn't it? 

From the canister to the Fuel pressure regulator?
probably not best. 
MAP and FPR should usually each go directly to the intake, as they're very picky and relied upon.
So yeah may be best to move the FPR to the manifold and let the EGR share another vacuum source.

47 minutes ago, Technikhaus said:

From the canister to the Fuel pressure regulator?
probably not best. 
MAP and FPR should usually each go directly to the intake, as they're very picky and relied upon.
So yeah may be best to move the FPR to the manifold and let the EGR share another vacuum source.

Following this diagram: http://jp-carparts.com/subaru/part_detail.php?maker=subaru&car_baseid=F13031&type=G10&cartype=115&fig_id=061&part_id=H403482&part_code=807403482

H403482 it seems is the bugger I'm missing. I checked underneath the rubber hose and sure enough there's a thin pipe sneakily hiding there.

I don't remember ever having a hose there, so just stuck the fpr to the Fuel rail... 

But I'll change that. I'll get a thin hose in lieu of H403482 and tee the boost gauge with the map/egr hose. 

Weird if I've never had a H403482 hose, must've meant I've been driving with a vacuum leak.. And potentially map/egr not working.

• Like 1