Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

ClubSUB's 20th Celebrations and Mega Meet 2017!!

RAYDEO

• General Member

if we kinda had more support when we started planning it may have been a possibility but the lack of 'chatter' on social media & stuff kinda puts us in the 'unknown' category

there were a few posts & invites on their page/s but they didn't get very many likes, don't underestimate the power of a 'like'

someone in club whose good at videos and stuff should make a shoutout video at megameet chuck it up on social medias, tag them on Youtube/FB. wont guarantee them coming but guaranteed to get their attention. this is NZs biggest subaru car club so collectively our opinion must mean something rtight

• Like 2

So... in less than a month I'm going to jump in my 20 year old wagon, cross Cook Straight, drive up to Taupo, thrash my car around a track for a day and then (hopefully) drive home again.

Any recommendations  that you all have to offer to make my Mega Meet run smoothly? Is there a list of pre-track day inspections or service items that I should really be paying attention to?

This is my second track day ever... the first in over 7 years, and the first in a Subaru so there are no dumb suggestions here.

• Like 1

• Admin
59 minutes ago, MrMacKenzie said:

So... in less than a month I'm going to jump in my 20 year old wagon, cross Cook Straight, drive up to Taupo, thrash my car around a track for a day and then (hopefully) drive home again.

Any recommendations  that you all have to offer to make my Mega Meet run smoothly? Is there a list of pre-track day inspections or service items that I should really be paying attention to?

This is my second track day ever... the first in over 7 years, and the first in a Subaru so there are no dumb suggestions here.

Best thing you can do is put your car through a wof before you leave home, the standard for going on track is "A car up to WOF standard" thats not to say theyre going to put your vehicle through the same testing as VTNZ, but you get the idea...

I always did the following on a car before i put it on track...

• Checked tyre pressure, 
  • checked alignment
  • changed coolant, and replaced any old hoses.
  • changed oil and filter (dont forget sump plug seal/washer)
  • changed fuel filter
  • changed air filter
  • changed brake fluid,
  • checked pads and rotors.
  • checked all wheel nuts
  • removed anything loose or rattling
  • removed sub and spare wheel (optional unless not fastened securely)

And i always took a full tool kit and any spares i had floating around. always had a new pack of cable ties, and a few hose clamps on hand. 

it was pretty common back then to arrive with a full fuel tank and bring 1 or 2 20L containers of fuel as well... depending on how much tracktime you were expecting to have.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, RAYDEO said:

Best thing you can do is put your car through a wof before you leave home, the standard for going on track is "A car up to WOF standard" thats not to say theyre going to put your vehicle through the same testing as VTNZ, but you get the idea...

I always did the following on a car before i put it on track...

• Checked tyre pressure, 
  • checked alignment
  • changed coolant, and replaced any old hoses.
  • changed oil and filter (dont forget sump plug seal/washer)
  • changed fuel filter
  • changed air filter
  • changed brake fluid,
  • checked pads and rotors.
  • checked all wheel nuts
  • removed anything loose or rattling
  • removed sub and spare wheel (optional unless not fastened securely)

And i always took a full tool kit and any spares i had floating around. always had a new pack of cable ties, and a few hose clamps on hand. 

it was pretty common back then to arrive with a full fuel tank and bring 1 or 2 20L containers of fuel as well... depending on how much tracktime you were expecting to have.

If it wasn't done recently, I would also :

• change transmission oil/fluid
  • change differentials oil (both front and rear if you have an auto)
  • bonus : change the steering assist fluid as the system is known to fail/leak easily on some subarus

When I buy a used car with no or poor service history I change all the fluids even if I don't track it ... you never know how old they are.

• Like 1

so is the track day going to be run by Playday like a playday? Passengers allowed (in fully caged car, seat, harness blah blah??)

Considering coming down and doing some testing/take some people for a ride/chase @Fastfour  assuming the cars still running after the weekend before at Taupo

• Like 4

• Admin
12 minutes ago, nztintin said:

so is the track day going to be run by Playday like a playday? Passengers allowed (in fully caged car, seat, harness blah blah??)

Considering coming down and doing some testing/take some people for a ride/chase @Fastfour  assuming the cars still running after the weekend before at Taupo

yes, run by playday :-)  Jason have kindly given us 3 hotlap sessions to give away.

• Admin
48 minutes ago, boyracer693 said:

Im still keen. What acc do we pay into?

Wheres people staying too?

Hey bud,

Fill out this form, pay to that account on there and you'll be away laughing.

As for accomodation, my friends and I are getting a house to rent as it's the cheapest and easiest option atm.

• General Member
On 12/11/2016 at 9:37 AM, RAYDEO said:

ClubSUB invites you to Taupo for the weekend of April 22nd and 23rd.

the exact time table is yet to be confirmed, but expect Saturday to be a fun Amazing race style rally, and a social evening Saturday night, then a trackday Sunday at Taupo's Bruce Mclaren Motorsport Park.

Trackday Entry - $150 per car/driver

amazing race/rally - $20 per person

ENTER HERE

^^ form is there on the link in OP :P

• Like 1

• Joker unpinned this topic