Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

CroweSport BC Legacy

Leighos

• General Member

or if Josh still comes on here aka @CroweSport he might be able to fill you in a little bit more

this guy also had a wing & lip from the same 'edition' car 

or this guy did a writeup on his car over on http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=39658

Hi guys, thought i'd chuck up a pic of my car. Haven't had it for long but my family has been through a fair few of them. 

Specs are: 
NZ New 1992 Subaru Legacy 
Crowe Sport Edition - CSE 3 
2.2 litre, 140,000 km's 
5-speed manual, 4wd 

Also has: 
Full black leather interior 
Momo steering wheel 
240 km/h speedo 
Tuned length extractors 
Cam out of an 1.8 litre legacy 
Bilstein shocks allround, slightly lowered 
Full body kit - front bumper, side skirts, rear bumper and a huge ass wing... 
15 inch ROH (NZ brand) mag wheels 

and the story goes

Cheers for the comments guys 

AWD_addict wrote:
Is Crowe Sport a dealer there?
Nice cars.

Yea, Trevor Crowe owns a Subaru dealership in Christchurch, which is in the middle of the South Island of NZ. Back in the early '90s he somehow came into posession of about 60-70 NZ new legacy's, so he decided to do something special with them. The end result is what you see in the pic... 
There was two versions, the CSE2 and CSE3. I'm not really sure what the differences were, but before buying the car we managed to get hold of Trevor and asked him a few questions. After describing the car to him he reckoned it was probably one of the higher spec models that they released, as they were all different. So yea, this car is exactly the same as it was when Crowe Sport finished with it, no further mods have been done at all... 

I'll try to get some more pics taken and uploaded on the weekend so you's can have a closer look 8)

• Like 3

• General Member
2 hours ago, Leighos said:

Quite an interesting car so far, has a unique looking frame number, kind of suggests they were all a specific production run for Crowesport.

On 3/27/2017 at 2:04 PM, Joker said:

Yea, Trevor Crowe owns a Subaru dealership in Christchurch, which is in the middle of the South Island of NZ. Back in the early '90s he somehow came into posession of about 60-70 NZ new legacy's, so he decided to do something special with them. The end result is what you see in the pic... 

yip not a small run neither

If you are after more info on the car I would suggest calling Crowesport directly. Trevor is usually around and would probably be keen to talk about this car. Depending on how much he can remember about it. Hes a great guy to talk to and very helpful.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/04/2017 at 1:33 PM, RAYDEO said:

theres been one floating around paraparaumu for the last few years, always been keen to have a look at it closer, but never had the chance.

This might be the one, we picked it up from chick in Otaki, think she said she was from Paraparaumu

• 1 year later...
  • General Member

Ooh good Q

As a tidy Non Turbo Legacy with wof & reg? $1000-$1500?

as a collector car? 3-5k? but don't get your hopes on my figures they may be wildy out +/- as I've never bought a car worth more than 1500 in the last 15 years 

up if you $1 reserve it on TM 'might' be the true way of getting 'what it's worth'

you could ask on the BC facepage group here too : https://www.facebook.com/groups/200340879977390/?ref=nf_target&fref=nf

• 1 year later...