Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Rev D reflash stuffs

Marky

I'll chuck the rest up if someone can point me in the direction of a hosting site which won't a) self delete and b) won't make me sign up?

I've got a tune for "parallel" which basically equates to something you can load on as a pretty good starting point for a single turbo setup too

Oh and a couple more def files... tbh it's like looking over my old polytech notes or trying to play an old vidya game - I know that at one stage I was obsessing over understanding it, now I look at it and it's like another language xD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blayzdnz said:

Can anyone tell me more about how to use ecu flash please or if theres anyone i can talk to directly let me know fb adds emails or phone numbers cheers:):)

Do you have a Tactrix cable? 

9 minutes ago, blayzdnz said:

I have a stahlcar cable :(

Yea, dont think thats going to work. Also i assume your car is indeed a Rev-D? If you are interested in getting one of the above flashed on as a one off thing then there are a number of people around with the Tactrix gear "Location depending"

On 01/04/2017 at 6:15 AM, Andy_Mac said:

You sure the stahlcar one won't work @A_J_T its just a rebranded vagcom cable, they work for older 4th gens so would have thought they do for 3rd's.

though it meams you have to use the older software which can be a pain to get working.

Yea honestly not sure, it appears some have got them working as you said. @blayzdnz I do have a Tactrix myself so if you get stuck or just cant be bothered messing about just lmk 

• 2 months later...
On 2017-3-26 at 5:02 PM, Marky said:

This might be useful and I figured best to get it online before I go and accidentally wipe it

https://ufile.io/9547e <-- ECU definition for ECUflash. I've forgotten the ins and outs of it, but you need to replace what it tries to open the legacy stock rom with, with this

https://ufile.io/caf54 <-- The last tune I loaded onto my wagon, some emphasis on off-throttle pops and bangs with this one. It's pretty aggressive and my car had FMIC, 2.5" downpipes and silicone intake pipe - your mileage may vary as those things do make a marked difference to how much it wants to grenade. That said - it still runs less timing on boost than the stock rom does

https://ufile.io/90b75 <-- A pretty safe tune for 95% of the cars out there, loading this on will result in the VOD being effectively gone, ping gone on gull or BP 98, and vastly improved mileage. I think it's pretty safe on 95 as well from memory but please see above

I've got a dozen other variations if anyone wants them, still have stock flashes off auto and manual GTB's and I think I have an S204 (202? whatever the sti B4 is) rom renamed something stupid which was not really any great improvement other than more revs and boost bro

I sold reflashed ECU's to a few in various states of modification who all came back with glowing feedback, it is a legit "best bang for the buck" thing you can do to these cars

Also I'm not dead, this is just the first time I've been on my car-S*** laptop for several months (ha) - currently driving a POS cedia turbo while saving for something worthwhile 

heya marky, any chance you could fire through some of the variations? cheers

• 1 year later...
  • Admin

I have a ecu def file for my revd - i'll try remember to share the link to it tonight

EDIT: here's the link to all the ecu stuff i have. there may well be copies of the above in the 'From CS' folder: https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=kZRd417Zn5iU6SKA1BkWDxfvzHs4Xk7s0jnV

'From FB' contains one def file I think

and 'ECU Dump' contains my ECU image, and two def files

It's been a while since I looked at them, but give em a go

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thewabbit1 said:

I have a ecu def file for my revd - i'll try remember to share the link to it tonight

EDIT: here's the link to all the ecu stuff i have. there may well be copies of the above in the 'From CS' folder: https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=kZRd417Zn5iU6SKA1BkWDxfvzHs4Xk7s0jnV

'From FB' contains one def file I think

and 'ECU Dump' contains my ECU image, and two def files

It's been a while since I looked at them, but give em a go

Cheers mate. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/03/2017 at 5:02 PM, Marky said:

This might be useful and I figured best to get it online before I go and accidentally wipe it

https://ufile.io/9547e <-- ECU definition for ECUflash. I've forgotten the ins and outs of it, but you need to replace what it tries to open the legacy stock rom with, with this

https://ufile.io/caf54 <-- The last tune I loaded onto my wagon, some emphasis on off-throttle pops and bangs with this one. It's pretty aggressive and my car had FMIC, 2.5" downpipes and silicone intake pipe - your mileage may vary as those things do make a marked difference to how much it wants to grenade. That said - it still runs less timing on boost than the stock rom does

https://ufile.io/90b75 <-- A pretty safe tune for 95% of the cars out there, loading this on will result in the VOD being effectively gone, ping gone on gull or BP 98, and vastly improved mileage. I think it's pretty safe on 95 as well from memory but please see above

I've got a dozen other variations if anyone wants them, still have stock flashes off auto and manual GTB's and I think I have an S204 (202? whatever the sti B4 is) rom renamed something stupid which was not really any great improvement other than more revs and boost bro

I sold reflashed ECU's to a few in various states of modification who all came back with glowing feedback, it is a legit "best bang for the buck" thing you can do to these cars

Also I'm not dead, this is just the first time I've been on my car-S*** laptop for several months (ha) - currently driving a POS cedia turbo while saving for something worthwhile 

Hello there, sorry in advance if this is a stupid question; how do I install one of these tunes on my manual Rev D 02 RSK? I've only recently bought my car, so learning new things about it. About 2 weeks ago I changed my exhaust to a custom 3" with just a resonator, and a few days later I filled up with Gull fuel and I started hearing some weird faint sounds at about 3,500RPM, could this be pinging? It didn't go away with BP 98 either. Was running fine with Mobil 98, and I have just put some more Mobil in it, dunno if it's gone yet. I'd like to buy tune number three depending on the cost, just wanna know how I'd make it work. The rest of the car is fully stock. Thanks in advance. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Team,

I am trying to correlate the files since they have moved to a new location. Can anyone give me a understanding of what file is require for the below tune?

Thanks in advanced.

On 10/10/2018 at 5:29 PM, Benjamin said:

Hey Team,

I am trying to correlate the files since they have moved to a new location. Can anyone give me a understanding of what file is require for the below tune?

Thanks in advanced.

Just relate the URL name to the file name mate, 

So from the archive uploaded by @thewabbit1 the file you are looking for will be 90b75-b4attemptquattro.bin

On 15/10/2018 at 9:13 AM, A_J_T said:

Just relate the URL name to the file name mate, 

So from the archive uploaded by @thewabbit1 the file you are looking for will be 90b75-b4attemptquattro.bin

When I open that file on a word document, it comes up with a whole paragraph of codes. I assume that is correct and expected? And after that, how do I upload this tune onto my ECU? Someone mentioned tactrix cable, is that the only thing needed to transfer this tune onto my ecu through my laptop? Thanks

• Admin
1 minute ago, 02 RSK said:

When I open that file on a word document, it comes up with a whole paragraph of codes. I assume that is correct and expected? And after that, how do I upload this tune onto my ECU? Someone mentioned tactrix cable, is that the only thing needed to transfer this tune onto my ecu through my laptop? Thanks

Word will have a shitshow of a time trying to work out how to display it. 

Yep, need a Tactrix cable. Also need ECUFlash software too. 

Have a thorough read through this page. Should give you a good idea of what you're getting yourself into. 

http://www.romraider.com/Documentation/GettingStarted

• Like 2