Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

SAS Dyno setup, result and characteristics thread

I'm going to put up some of my subaru setups we have built/ worked on and the results we have got along with the issues/characteristics of setups to try and let people know what works and doesn't along with power results in the end. 

Note: all corrections factors are always 1.00 as my belief is anything else is just a ego booster. 

Some of these cars are flex fuel and you will get to see the advantage of ethanol over petrol. 

Will upload more when I have a spare min

Edited by gotasuby
  • Like 8

samgardiner.JPG_zps6jipqpww.jpg

Start with this one. 

It's a completely standard ez30 with pink injectors, flex fuel and pod filter on throttle body. In a bc5 shell. Has headers from raptor and a exhaust. Graphs are 95 and e60 fuel. 

Awesome beginner motorsport car you can thrash. Just came 8th overall in Greymouth Street sprints. 

slysti.JPG_zpsfsvbhosm.jpg

This is a v8 sti with only mods being g4+, turbo back exhaust, pod filter and flex fuel.  2 graphs are 98 and e85 fuel. People spend decent coin to get 250+kW where a standard engine/turbo gets you there fine. Look at the torque difference. 

• Like 1

seans%20rally.JPG_zps51i7momy.jpg

This is a little special. It's a fully built SAS engine. Running in a rally car with a 34mm restricter. That's why turbo runs out. E85 and all the jazz. With a vf30 standard v7 exhaust and intake manifolds, fmic. It has forged bottom end, ported heads and cams. Alot more fun than it looks. G4+ Fury ecu

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, gotasuby said:

seans%20rally.JPG_zps51i7momy.jpg

This is a little special. It's a fully built SAS engine. Running in a rally car with a 34mm restricter. That's why turbo runs out. E85 and all the jazz. With a vf30 standard v7 exhaust and intake manifolds, fmic. It has forged bottom end, ported heads and cams. Alot more fun than it looks. G4+ Fury ecu

There you go @boon many power at 4750rpm on the vf30 with e85...

• Admin
1 hour ago, evowrx said:

There you go @boon many power at 4750rpm on the vf30 with e85...

20kw more than a turbo that goes on to make 470kw or something, on a worked motor.... I maintain that big turbos are 100% the way to go.

Great torque numbers though.

1 hour ago, boon said:

20kw more than a turbo that goes on to make 470kw or something, on a worked motor.... I maintain that big turbos are 100% the way to go.

Great torque numbers though.

Remember its running a restricter on the turbo. Would be good to see what it would do unrestricted

• Admin
1 hour ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

that torque wall between 3 and 4k, damn that'd be a fun drive

I dunno... having had something similar it's very premature ejaculatory; it's all over before you know what's happened.

You really feel it "fall over"

• Admin
On 6/22/2017 at 7:28 PM, gotasuby said:

Having been in it on gravel and tarmac yes you feel it fall over on tarmac. Definitely don't on gravel. And having antilag with a dog box means no lag between gears

On gravel I would be too busy browning my trousers to notice it falling off.

Thomas%20BG5_zpsvok1na79.jpg

Here was tonights mission. Its a bit of a surprise actually. its a 2.1l engine running factory EJ25D conrods and crank. Custom pistons and GTB heads (bg5). Got sard injectors and water injection. V7 top mount intercooler on 95 petrol. Also got vf36 and all the twin scroll setup but with a factory BG5 legacy exhaust muffler with valve inbuilt controlled now by the G4. Intake temps were 10-14 degrees max. got a great power band. only stopping at 6100 and 18PSI as not sure on rod strength. I like it as its super quite until G4 opens  exhaust then it has a deep growl. For interest sake the 2 runs on graph are exhaust open and close.

Edited by gotasuby
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

uXvy0Mr.jpg

This is a completely standard v7 sti long block with a td05-20g on it. All running on e80. Apart from compressor surge which you can see at start of run. Red dashed line is same car/setup running v3-4 sti engine. 

Note with v7 sti long block spool is about 900rpm sooner.

Reason power is high is because it's in a saker that is running a 5 speed box setup mid engine rear wheel drive with centre diff locked and front diff supplying power to rear wheels. 

• Like 5

No. Dyno apply load to stop acceleration and then when the compressor slips it reduces torque which slows down dyno as not that fast reacting and you get a loop. Only happens on massive changes in torque, I could slow down ramp rate so it not so violent but I set all mine the same so they can be as compared as best as possible 

41 minutes ago, boon said:

That's plenty of brums. How many killerwasps do you reckon it would lose going to AWD? Guessing 30-40kw or so? 250-260wkw from a TD05-20g is still mystical dragon numbers, nice work.

Remember this is not 98 and is running ethanol. I would say 15-20kw at a guess. Had a gtr on dyno on weekend that was 475hp in rwd with fuse out and 435hp in awd if that's an example? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gotasuby said:

Remember this is not 98 and is running ethanol. I would say 15-20kw at a guess. Had a gtr on dyno on weekend that was 475hp in rwd with fuse out and 435hp in awd if that's an example? 

Interesting thread on the guild about drivetrain loss.