Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

"Performance" brake pads?

Do people buy aftermarket brake pads that has better stopping ability and also work when it's cold? (ie not racing pads)

If yes where do you buy them from/what brand?

If no why not?

THanks

Edited by joker97
  • Like 1

the old bendix ultimate was good from cold.

ferodo formula/ts2000 needed minimum warm up.

there was a hawk road pad that was good from cold too , don't remember the model.

Edited by newsuba

Next time I change my brake pads I'll probably get a set of NS400 from Project mu :

http://www.project-mu.com.au/en/products/pad_ns.php

If you don't mind some squeaking noises, you can also get the HC800 which are more track-oriented :

http://www.project-mu.com.au/en/products/pad_hcplus.php

These pads are really good and cheap if you compare them to other pads with similar quality/performance

EDIT : NS400 offer you better stopping ability, fade resistance, no or very little noise and work fine when it's cold. That's a lot of bang for the buck

Edited by delta

18 hours ago, Leufkax said:

Znoelli sell good performance pads also. Another idea would be to give ie Racebrakes a ring.

I have Znoelli's in both cars at the moment, they're really good, if a little dusty.

• General Member

Most of the Brake write--ups in the Mega FAQ are a few years old but still relephant

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php?/forum/139-general-faq-read-only/

theres 27 Matches for the word "Brake" in it so pasted a few, soz did not read any links to see if they work

there's also a brake pad review here : 

which is in the Motorsports section : http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php?/forum/65-motorsports/

(yes this forums has information spread out as far as possible to make it harder to find : and I hate it)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 15/07/2017 at 10:33 AM, joker97 said:

Do people buy aftermarket brake pads that has better stopping ability and also work when it's cold? (ie not racing pads)

If yes where do you buy them from/what brand?

If no why not?

THanks

Better stopping ability and work from cold isn't impossible with race pads, just buy moderate race pads. Not serious ones. However even most serious pads only require a couple of stabs before they start to work. However that isn't much use in a panic stop situation!

If you want your car to stop better every time, buy better tyres. That is what generates the grip that allows you to stop better. Not fancy pads.

• Like 2

Not sure if they're still made for subarus but imported a set of A1RM pads off QFM from Australia a few years back that were stupidly good for the price, didn't need warming up and had no dust. My theory is when the guys in Commodores and Falcons rave about a brake pad you know it must be good...

Edited by YoungOne