Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Raptor Supercharged - 2014 USDM Subaru Legacy H6 3.6 5EAT

west_minist

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, 1randomkiwi said:

@west_ministhave you tuned many stock EZ36 Legacy?
I have a 2011 3.6R Legacy that is completely stock performance wise. Wondering whether I should tune first or look at headers/exhaust/intake etc.
Would love to know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance :)

Hey:

EZ36

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=101

I always recommend customers to tune first. Get the baseline of the car and sort any issues out before mods.

My apologies for the late reply..

1 hour ago, 1randomkiwi said:

@TNHSTI it's quite common to tune first. You can gain a lot of fuel efficiency and performance over the generic stock tune without any mods.

@west_minist charges very reasonable rates for a remote tune. Not sure how the re-tune once modified would work in terms of cost.
Would be interesting to know.

Okay good to know! how does he do a remote tune and anyone know costing?

1 hour ago, 1randomkiwi said:

@TNHSTI it's quite common to tune first. You can gain a lot of fuel efficiency and performance over the generic stock tune without any mods.

@west_minist charges very reasonable rates for a remote tune. Not sure how the re-tune once modified would work in terms of cost.
Would be interesting to know.

The only point in tuning first is to quantify gains which only matter if you need to justify $ spent to yourself or you are compensating for something 😉

Hey,

I thought my first response was off, but it wasn't. I was very very clear in my reply. The older the car, the more issues you have. AVCS solenoid, leaks, maf. The list goes on wasting my time and your time in tuning and to see why the tuning is not going accordingly.

We prefer to tune.and proceed from they. You pay the difference in cost if stage tuning.

Once tuning starts, we finish it. So if you want to mod, mod while tuning to our agreement where they isn't much to mod. But because of NA, there is much to change that cause large issues. Again, chat with me and once we know what you are doing, we are good to go.

Please note we charge for diagnostic reviews. We do not leave you stranded.

I had to.reset my pass word to reply here. I am on the road.

Edited by west_minist

For remote tuning, we use the Tactrix Openport 2.0 Cable and software such as romraider and ecuflash. We also support the configuration using zoom or teamviewer. So that way, all you have to do is fix issues and drive.

The cost for tuning is on our forum -

http://xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=547

Tuning tools - http://xtremeracingtuning.com/2017/09/25/tuning-tools-for-ecu-re-flashing/

Edited by west_minist