Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Zero Sports Sequential Controller Assistance

Bobby

Hi All,

I recently acquired a Zero Sports Sequential Controller. 

I would like to know if there are any workshops or recommended individuals who are able to install this?

Obviously I am willing to pay. 

I have the official Zero Sports BG5 harness as well. 

Thanks 

I had a few import agents looking for it in Japan, and I had been on a lot of auction sites.

However I was very lucky and found it in a BG5 Legacy at Pick a Part Avondale in Auckland.

I originally saw it 2 weeks earlier and thought it was a crappy turbo timer. 

Here are the photos of the unit, the BG5 harness and the ecu it came off. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3SvNIEJMAKCSHM0N1J5Rmt0cGs

I also purchased a MINES ECU from a auction site: buyee.jp 

I will be doing a stock dyno assessment at PBMS first.

Then I will be installing the MINES ECU and doing another dyno assessment at PBMS.

Its just precautionary to see if there are any improvements or if the Legacy is leaning out etc. 

According to MINES they have people running these ECU on 98RON fuel without problems. 

This is the information on the ECU from MINES:

This VX-ROM is for a Middle version (as in early middle late) Manual Transmission BG5 Ej20T 

Fuel Mapping and ignition timing optimized

Speed limiter removed

Boost set at 1.0kg/cm2

Rev limit expanded +300

For use with the normal type air cleaner

Designed for use with 100 ron octane rated fuel.

Thank you

MINE'S

• Like 1

• General Member

DIY it? splicing wires looks harder than it is & your location would help heaps would assume AKL at the mention of Avondale?

the wiring diagrams  install instructions should be inthe technical section / electrical maybe? Start with the Mega FAQ thread (I'll go look no for ya :P 

Gadget Manuals

G4 pdf manual - evowrx

Not sure how handy that is, more to do with how to use it, maybe @Subirex Automotive could help with install?

and a bit further down in this section of the FAQ

Interior / Gadgets / In Car Entertainment

• Like 1

• General Member

this quote from the last thread may be of use

On 8/11/2014 at 1:57 PM, Andy_Mac said:

Were you in tga or auckland? Talked to you earlier about my one.

And out of interest did you use this wiring manual for setting it up?

http://download.robson-brown.co.uk/uklegacy/zerosport/index.html

Don't know if its just a 2nd gen thing but the 3rd gens definately do not have that Throwing a code issue. Used to log mine quite a bit and never had any stored codes.

shoot dead link soz

• Like 1

Will be very interested to see what figures you achieve, what mods do you currently have on your bg5? Or what do you plan to run? I myself run the zerosports 87 Ecu for rev c bg5 manual, however I haven't been able to find out what parameters have been changed over the stock ecu

• Like 1

I currently have no mods on the car, except for the line #1 boost restrictor pill.

I am the car's fifth owner and I received the car in poor mechanical condition. It has recently had a lot of maintenance work done to it. Such as Cambelts, waterpumps, all filters, service, all new rotors/pads, new clutch and a full groom. 

The interior was very feral, now its been updated with new parts and clean trim. The body is in very poor condition however, 

I was looking at an exhaust but I decided to keep my stock muffler. Apparently my stock muffler has a valve on it to manage back pressure to assist the turbo spooling up better.

I will freely post the before and after results once I get it .

Edited by Bobby

You have the harness so it is super simple! Plug the harness in between the ecu and stock harness then plug the bullet connectors into the harness. It does look like you need to solder/splice a few wires back together on the controller. You can remove the face plate from the main board if you need better access. I have a spare controller at home that doesn’t work so can take some pics later so you can see where that wire goes if need be?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, les666 said:

You have the harness so it is super simple! Plug the harness in between the ecu and stock harness then plug the bullet connectors into the harness. It does look like you need to solder/splice a few wires back together on the controller. You can remove the face plate from the main board if you need better access. I have a spare controller at home that doesn’t work so can take some pics later so you can see where that wire goes if need be?

Thanks Les that would be really helpful.