Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Where/how do you buy your consumable parts?

Where/how do you buy your consumable parts?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Where/how do you buy your consumable parts? Oil/filters/brake pads/spark plugs.

• Research online, buy online.
    • Research online, buy from a store.
    • Research in store, buy online.
    • Research in store, buy from store.

Oil & filters I usually get from Supercheap on sale, spark plugs I just got from SC as well, the last brake pads I got direct from Znoelli.

Next thing is rotors for the B4, which I will probably also get direct from Znoelli!B|

• Like 1

Oil, usually online or in those mailer sthey send you, I wait until what I need is on special because it always happens.

Inside rumor has it, sometimes supercheat sells castrol edge below cost to get the punters in.

I've been burnt a few times with those in store prices, for example $45 for a meter of EFI hose, when a rival shop sells it for $10. So I literally buy nearly everything online now, the rare times I don't it's because they're out of stock, then I ring like 5 shops to find out what they can offer and go with the best.

Tools and gaskets I buy online, local shop tool prices are a joke e.g $100 for a thread tap, identical brand tap online for $30? I get people have gotta make money but jesus retail mark up is only turning away smart buyers from local shopping and onto foreign soil.

Rip co charging like $50 for some shitty permaseal exhaust gasket when subaru local is $25 and partsoup is $10. It's crap really.

Show me a local store/dealer that offers competitive/fair pricing on car parts and you'll have my business...  and isn't offended when someone questions pricing too lol. 

Let looks at this reasonably, If I say spend $10000 building a car, and I can save $2000 buy shopping online, why wouldn't I do that? It's $2000 more I can spend on car parts lol . 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, slystiguy said:

Inside rumor has it, sometimes supercheat sells castrol edge below cost to get the punters in.

I'd believe that, I always buy my Edge 5w40 from supercheap when it is on special with the club deals. I buy it online, I buy at least 2 because then there is free shipping.

It is cheaper to buy like that than I can from Repco at trade (for 5L anyway).

Supercheap auto don't always have the best prices but they do a hard to beat special on 5L packs of Castrol Edge.

Per the original question. I usually research online and buy online since there aren't really any automotive stores near me. If I'm in the city I definitely will buy things in store as it is always nice to check something out before you buy it.

I also regularly buy things over the phone for stores that I cannot visit and don't have an online store.

Partsouq for oil filters and spark plugs, supercheap for castrol edge on special, repco for a ryco air filter.

Research online but usully up from supercheap when on sale. For some reason don't like shopping at ripco. Not sure why. 

Also talking about Mark ups, Ripco wanted to charge me just over a grand for a set of Mondeo head gaskets which I could buy online for $250 plus postage

18 minutes ago, SpeedySub said:

Research online but usully up from supercheap when on sale. For some reason don't like shopping at ripco. Not sure why. 

Also talking about Mark ups, Ripco wanted to charge me just over a grand for a set of Mondeo head gaskets which I could buy online for $250 plus postage

$1000 for headgaskets for a mondeo? wtf are they smoking lol

33 minutes ago, SpeedySub said:

It was just about the same at the Ford stealership, they wanted to charge me $125 each for the rear brake hoses!! Picked up 2 for about $60 from supercheap 

hahaha Yeah man Fraud as always the best with prices, back home we had guys post the Vin numbers for the normal focus/Fiesta as anything with the ST badge got such massive mark up on the same parts. 

For me I got a service coming up on my ST225 I'll grab my oil filter from Volvo WAY WAY cheaper than asking Fraud for an ST part. 

• Like 1