Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Getting tune... Guess the numbers

Subru

Im getting my tune done on Wednesday by Chris at prestige tuning sooo lets play the guess the kw/nm game. V7 Sti

3 port boost solenoid

3 inch belmouth catless downpipe, 2.75 catback

320lpm fuel pump,

K&N panel filter

Clubsub sticker +10 kw

Currently 177kw 335nm. I would be very happy with 210kw 400nm so thats my guess. Assuming the clutch, 3 port and downpipe is successfully installed on Tuesday...

The tune will hopefully get rid of the knock too... 

• Like 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, Subru said:

didnt you get yours tuned there or was that STM?

It was tuned by Chris at STM but that was a different dyno. They're all Dynapacks and they should all read pretty much the same but they just don't.

4 minutes ago, THUNDA said:

I rekon 230kw, oooo you're gonna love it when you get to drive it outa there! so glorious the first time, the second time was good too :P

c'mon people this is a v7 sti ! cant remember what turbo you have but meh - to the moon! ^_ ^

Yeah cant wait ^_ ^

Its a good old VF30 9_9

• Like 1

I'll say 197wkw and 400Nm if the tuner goes for numbers for show then just over 200.

it comes down to if you can hold more than 14psi higher in the rev range, so waste gate control and pill size are big factors with stock turbos.

if you still have tmic then you get higher peak figures keeping the boost at 14psi the whole range. The heat at 21psi limits the top end since the intercooler doesn't cool fast enough affect the end of each pull (or temp sensor is slow reacting). But since the result is down on peak torque and the peak hp will be later in the rev range it won't be as good to drive.

either way you have a lighter car than the later generation so 20wkw gain will feel huge!

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Gripless said:

I'll say 197wkw and 400Nm if the tuner goes for numbers for show then just over 200.

it comes down to if you can hold more than 14psi higher in the rev range, so waste gate control and pill size are big factors with stock turbos.

if you still have tmic then you get higher peak figures keeping the boost at 14psi the whole range. The heat at 21psi limits the top end since the intercooler doesn't cool fast enough affect the end of each pull (or temp sensor is slow reacting). But since the result is down on peak torque and the peak hp will be later in the rev range it won't be as good to drive.

either way you have a lighter car than the later generation so 20wkw gain will feel huge!

Not exactly, the stock boost on these cars is about 18psi. Tuned ones regularly pull 20psi+ all the way to the redline with a 3-port solenoid and no other boost control modifications. I think mine peaked at 22psi when I was using a turbo this size.

33 minutes ago, StrokedEJ said:

231kw and 500nm

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, THUNDA said:

I rekon 230kw, oooo you're gonna love it when you get to drive it outa there! so glorious the first time, the second time was good too :P

c'mon people this is a v7 sti ! cant remember what turbo you have but meh - to the moon! ^_ ^

I got 231wkw on a tune by this tuner with a VF34 and pretty much every bolt-on stock-location-turbo mod you can do, big (quality) TMIC, silicon under-manifold intake, tuned length headers, proper cold air intake, Link G4 with AFM delete, blah blah blah. Also way less than 500nm. You get peak torque at about 4000-4500rpm off the top of my head and 500nm there would be about 235kw (Garrett GTX or EFR kinda numbers); peak power will be at somewhere around 6500rpm and the torque will have plummeted by then.

• Like 1

I got 231wkw on a tune by this tuner with a VF34 and pretty much every bolt-on stock-location-turbo mod you can do, big (quality) TMIC, silicon under-manifold intake, tuned length headers, proper cold air intake, Link G4 with AFM delete, blah blah blah. Also way less than 500nm. You get peak torque at about 4000-4500rpm off the top of my head and 500nm there would be about 235kw (Garrett GTX or EFR kinda numbers); peak power will be at somewhere around 6500rpm and the torque will have plummeted by then.
Yeah yeah its his car and our guess so wish me luck ive got a close guess

• Admin
1 minute ago, StrokedEJ said:

Yeah yeah its his car and our guess so wish me luck ive got a close guessemoji16.png

If he gains 53kw from a tune I'll be staggered but crazier things have happened!

• Like 2

@StrokedEJ blah blahs add lots of power.

Port matched manifold and new air intake could be 8-10wkw. It's those little improvements that allows the bigger mods to perform there best. Also allows reduced timing up high with improve airflow.

motor could be worn, too many factors. Luck of mass produced things some are better than others.

[mention=20452]StrokedEJ[/mention] blah blahs add lots of power.

Port matched manifold and new air intake could be 8-10wkw. It's those little improvements that allows the bigger mods to perform there best. Also allows reduced timing up high with improve airflow.

motor could be worn, too many factors. Luck of mass produced things some are better than others.

Faaah route its a guess game not an engine science class